A retail employee had a close shave Saturday when the roof of a clothing store fell in, moments after she left the building.
Some suburban malls are looking like ghost towns, but what can communities do to turn the tide? CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez reports.
Many receipts contain toxic Bisphenol A, or BPA. Legislation introduced Thursday will require all stores to find an alternative. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Bargain queen Jill Cataldo shows the Wright family how to really clean up at the clothing clearance racks, in the latest installment of Dorothy Tucker’s ongoing series.
You may not see a lot of shopping activity on the Magnificent Mile these days.
The Chicago Transit Board today approved three new leases for concession space on the Red Line.
Shoppers will be cautious with their dollars this holiday season and are less likely to rush to door-buster sales on “Black Friday,” according to a new analysis.
O’Hare International Airport is redeveloping the foodservice and retail operations in its international terminal, under a contract approved Thursday.
The Magnificent Mile is teeming with activity every day, but expect it to get even more intense this summer when a new festival debuts.
Electronics retailer hhgregg plans to open at least 20 stores in the Chicago area, beginning this fall, a company spokeswoman confirmed on Wednesday.
It didn’t take long for Chicago area residents to begin flooding grocery stores and retail outlets that sell snow-removal equipment.
Retailers didn’t have high expectations this year, but as the holiday shopping season wraps up, they are on pace for the best sales since 2007.
Mayoral Candidate Carol Moseley Braun is spending much of this major shopping day visiting with retail merchants in various parts of the city.
On this Black Friday morning, the foot traffic in the suburban malls more resembled what one might expect on a weekday afternoon.
Retailers are forecasting enough business this Christmas shopping season that they’re hiring holiday help at levels not seen in several years.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.197
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!