(CBS) — As the ground heats up, so does business at garden centers. And let’s face it, nothing says Mother’s Day like flowers and plants. CBS 2’s Ed Curran did some shopping to see if […]
While most people will be digesting their turkey dinner next Thursday night, some retail employees will be heading out to work.
Retailers will offer up a variety of services on your birthday if you’ll just furnish them with one thing. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Retailer Loehmann’s closes this weekend on State Street, the latest store to close downtown. But hope may be on the horizon, CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
The trend upsets some consumers who don’t want to become part of a company’s marketing database.
Cashmere sweaters marked down from $100 to $30 are one of the many door-buster deals offered as stores opened as early as 7 a.m. Sunday. That’s what’s necessary to get consumers in the door, but as CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports, analysts say what really may have them shopping is pent up demand, after several years of holding back.
It’s Christmas Eve, and thus, it’s your last chance to get up, get out and finish your last-minute holiday shopping.
How about this for your next party? You provide the guest list and major manufacturers provide the food, fun and free gifts. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports on why some of the biggest retailers in the nation are throwing parties for everyday people.
Chicago’s annual Lights Festival brings thousands of spectators to the Magnificent Mile and kicks off the holiday season for retailers.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!