For the first time since being diagnosed with cancer and beginning a long and difficult course of treatment, Cardinal Francis George was speaking out about his fight for life, as well as his future.
Obama has been moving the needle with seniors using distorted arguments about Social Security and Medicare. Fortunately for GOP presidential challenger Mitt Romney, seniors’ top concern is the economy’s struggles under Obama and seniors have overwhelming voted Republican in the last two presidential elections.
The Chicago Archdiocese says it looking for a respectful agreement for an 80-year-old priest who is resisting attempts to get him to move from his South Side parish.
Robert Grant, special agent-in-charge, will step down Sept. 3. He’s taking a job with the Walt Disney Corporation.
More than a year after leaving office, Richard M. Daley reflected on his time as mayor on Monday, and spoke about missing his late wife Maggie, missing everyday people, and even missing the media who covered him for almost a quarter century as mayor.
One week after voters in north suburban Lincolnwood District 74 overwhelmingly rejected a referendum to finance construction of a new school building, its two top leaders are out.
The chief executive officer of Oak Brook-based McDonald’s Corp. has decided to retire later this year.
Nine months after leaving City Hall, former Mayor Richard M. Daley isn’t letting the grass grow under his feet. Wednesday night, Daley opened up about his life out of office, and life without his late wife, Maggie.
Francis Cardinal George must submit his resignation to Pope Benedict when he turns 75 Friday, and he wants to make sure that his financial house is in order when he leaves.
The man credited with helping foster Chicago’s reputation as a major food city is hanging up his white coat and tall puffy hat to pursue travel and academic interests.
Cardinal Francis George will be submitting a letter of retirement as Chicago’s archbishop to the Pope next month when he turns 75, but he said he hopes the Pope won’t accept it.
Illinois State Sen. Jeffrey Schoenberg (D-Evanston) has decided to retire at the end of his current term, after 22 years in the General Assembly.
When Francis Cardinal George turns 75 on Jan. 16, he’s required by church law to hand in his resignation. But after 15 years as Archbishop of Chicago, he’s not ready to step down just yet, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
Mayor Richard M. Daley has discussed his legacy in a series of interviews. But CBS 2’s Jim Williams had a different conversation with the mayor.
As he winds down his last few days in office, Mayor Richard M. Daley is reflecting on his legacy and the kind of honor he’d like after he ends his 22-year run at City Hall this coming Monday.
Mayor Richard M. Daley’s 22 years in office end in just one week, and today, he is thanking Chicagoans for their support with an open house at City Hall.
Mayor Richard M. Daley is being a bit evasive about what he plans to do with all his energy after he leaves office.
After 22 years in office, Mayor Richard M. Daley presided over his final City Council meeting.
Next Tuesday is Election Day in Northwest Indiana, and in Gary, voters will choose nominees to become replace longtime Mayor RUdy Clay
In a surprising turn of events, Manny Ramirez has retired from baseball. According to reports, Ramirez tested positive for a banned substance and was facing a 100 game suspension.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!