Rev. Jesse Jackson
If you know the name Trayvon Martin, you know of a campaign to stop the killing of young and innocent African Americans.
The parents of slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin were joined Monday by civil rights leaders, including Rev. Jesse Jackson, who called for the arrest of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed Martin one month ago.
The late comedian Bernie Mac had a portion of 69th Street in the Englewood neighborhood, where he grew up, named in his honor Tuesday.
Improve schools by turning them around with a new leadership team, or close them; that was the message that the head of the Chicago Public Schools took to a South Side church congregation Sunday, following the school board’s decision last week to close or “turn around” 17 schools.
A former employee of a German-based elevator company was taking a wait-and-see approach after a top executive apologized and promised a full investigation into allegations of racial discrimination that created a hostile work environment at the firm’s suburban Chicago office.
German-based ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corp. apologized Tuesday for the racially-hostile work environment that had been created at its suburban Chicago office.
Relatives and friends of a 15-year-old autistic boy who was shot and killed by police officers on Wednesday were voicing their outrage by staging a protest outside of the police station Thursday night.
The annual Martin Luther King observance by the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition took on the tone of the Occupy movement this year.
Saying “I’d rather fight with someone going in the right direction than get along with someone going in the wrong direction,” the Rev. Al Sharpton on Saturday praised the work of the Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Who will help the veterans once the parades are over and the uniforms and flags have been packed away? Rev. Jesse Jackson asked that question on Thursday, as members of the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition served veterans a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner.
Employees celebrated at a South Size Pizza Hut Tuesday, after it was announced that a number of restaurants in danger of closing will remain open after all.
Several hundred people gathered in the Thompson Center plaza on Saturday to voice support for the jobs plan unveiled Thursday by President Obama.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson on Friday said more structure and activity for Chicago youth could go a long way to prevent the teenage mob violence that has been seen in the city in recent weeks.
A former employee of the Rev. Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow/PUSH Coalition makes shocking claims in a complaint.
Rev. Jesse Jackson said Saturday that he plans to file a lawsuit seeking to strip former Chicago Police Lt. Jon Burge of his pension.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson called attention to some schools that are not observing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day this morning, during annual Rainbow/PUSH Coalition King Day holiday.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson is on a mission to help create and provide jobs for the people of Illinois.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson joined South suburban Mayors and others at the Thompson Center in the latest push for action on creating a third regional airport near Peotone.
Bemoaning a lack of jobs and rising poverty in the south suburbs, the Rev. Jesse Jackson on Thursday night announced plans to ramp up pressure on Gov. Pat Quinn to build a third airport outside Peotone.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!