As Illinois continues to consider gambling expansion, Indiana is watching its casino revenue drop.
Drivers in Olympia Fields may want to watch where they park, to avoid becoming part of the south suburb’s answer to its budget crisis.
Chicago’s program to use cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks is not generating widespread support, according to a just-released poll.
City Hall has said it would activate fewer than 100 speed cameras around schools and parks to keep environments safe for kids. But one alderman fears that number could be larger — a lot larger.
Do red-light cameras prevent accidents or just generate money for city governments? 2 Investigator Pam Zekman reports.
A new report commissioned by Gov. Pat Quinn says the initial gambling expansion bill passed by lawmakers in May would bring in about $840 million less in new revenue than supporters have claimed.
The Northwest Indiana casino market, like that in all the Chicago area, continued to decline last month, with only Ameristar in East Chicago showing some increase in revenues.
The NFL players’ union and the NFL owners will continue, for the 13th day, to try and work out how to split the roughly $9 billion in annual revenues.
State revenue workers are still opening envelopes and counting the money from Illinois’ just-ended tax amnesty program – only the second in the state’s history.
The governor wants to raise $3 billion more a year by raising the state income tax by 1 percentage point.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!