A former northern Illinois comptroller sentenced this year for stealing nearly $54 million from her community has been transferred to a federal jail in downtown Chicago.
Prosecutors have dropped state charges against former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell, who has already admitted in federal court that she stole nearly $54 million in public money.
The U.S. Marshals Service plans to auction off another 351 items from the loot bought with the $53.7 million Rita Crundwell embezzled from the city while she was Dixon’s city comptroller.
CBS 2 has obtained former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell’s first mug shot since her sentencing last Thursday.
The former comptroller in Dixon, Ill., was sentenced Thursday to 19 1/2 years in prison for embezzling $53 million from the town.
During the course of questioning, Rita Crundwell told investigators she took $10 million, a court filing says. But in her plea deal she admitted to stealing more than $53 million over a 22-year period.
The expansive ranch owned by former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell was sold Friday to her nephew and his wife for more than a million dollars.
The auction for former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell’s jewelry will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 22 in Fort Worth, Texas and simulcast online.
The U.S. Marshals Service sold three of convicted Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell’s five properties for more than $3 million on Monday.
Nearly $8 million has been collected from auctioning property and furniture formerly belonging to Rita Crundwell, the former Dixon comptroller who pleaded guilty to stealing more than $53 million from the city.
Admitted embezzler and former Dixon city comptroller Rita Crundwell lived a lavish lifestyle fueled my millions of dollars she stole from the town.
Three pieces of property owned by former Dixon city comptroller Rita Crundwell have gone up for sale, as federal authorities continue auctioning off her possessions to pay back some of the $53 million she embezzled from the town.
Items from former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell’s lavish lifestyle continue to be parceled off one piece at a time.
Former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $53 million from the city since 1990, and using the money to fund a lavish lifestyle, including a world champion horse breeding business.
Former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell will plead guilty on Wednesday to a federal charge tied to allegations she embezzled $53 million from the city over the last 22 years.
Former Dixon city comptroller Rita Crundwell pleaded not guilty in Lee County Court to 60 counts of theft on Wednesday.
The question remains: Why did Rita Crundwell pick the tiny town of Englewood, Fla. to build her getaway? CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
Rita Crundwell siphoned millions from the city of Dixon, authorities say. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports on how some of that money may have been used for a Florida mini-mansion.
Former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell wants a public defender to represent her on charges she embezzled millions in public funds.
Federal marshals have started running numbers to tally totals from a weekend auction of property owned by former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell, who is accused of embezzling $53 million over the last 22 years.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.193
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!