Gavin Floyd overcame control problem to pitch six scoreless innings and Alexei Ramirez homered as Chicago beat Detroit for the second straight day, 5-1 on Saturday.
“That’s something that I don’t forget and I don’t know what they were doing in my eyes,” Rose said.
Former Major League closer Lee Smith spent the first eight seasons of his 18-year career playing for the Cubs. Over those eight seasons the Cubs had a wining record only once, but the right-hander still looks back fondly on his days on the North Side.
Through the first 79 games of the White Sox-Cubs interleague series, only three wins separate the two teams, White Sox have won 41 and the Cubs have won 38. As close as the series has been, it seems as if it’s lost some intensity.
There have been plenty of memorable moments and intense games during the relatively brief history of the White Sox-Cubs rivalry. However, this year’s series may be lacking a little of usual anticipation.
The Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins were supposed to compete for the AL Central title, after rough starts for both teams, the White Sox have been able to climb up the standings, but it’s not the same case with the Twins.
A 10-game road trip is tough enough for a team, but when you look at the teams the Chicago Cubs will face, starting with the St. Louis Cardinals, the road trip gets even tougher.
St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa will miss Tuesday’s series opener agaisnt the Chicago Cubs while he receives treatment for an eye problem.
In his five season with the Chicago Cubs, Ryan Theriot became one of the more popular players among the fans. But when he returns to Wrigley Field with his new team, he might not get such a warm reception.
Before the season started, the Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins were expected to battle for the AL Central title, but now they’re battling to stay out of the last place in the division.
A year after winning the Stanley Cup a year ago, the Chicago Blackhawks found themselves in a 3-0 hole to the top-seeded Vancouver Canucks.
Three periods of hockey wasn’t enough time for the Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks to settle Game 6.
Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will be back in the lineup for Sunday night’s Game 6 against Vancouver after missing the previous two games as he recovered from a hit to the head from the Canucks’ Raffi Torres.
Even when the Chicago Blackhawks trailed Vancouver 3-0 in their opening-round playoff series, captain Jonathan Toews was convinced the Canucks were a beatable team.
For the second straight game the Blackhawks routed the Canucks to avoid elimination form the Stanley Cup Playoffs. And also for the second straight game the two teams got into their fair share of skirmishes after the whistle.
Facing elimination once again, the Chicago Blackhawks scored two goals within 25 seconds of each other to run away with their second consecutive win.
Going into Tuesday night’s game there didn’t seem to be much hope in Chicago that the Blackhawks could come back from a 3-0 deficit to win the series. But after a 7-2 rout, things are starting to look brighter.
Towards the end of the Chicago Blackhawks’ 7-2 rout of the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night, both teams participated in a few physical and verbal skirmishes on the ice. And according to a report, it was similar in the stands.
Trailing 3-0 in the series and facing a quick first round elimination from the playoffs, the defending Stanley Cup champions routed the Vancouver Canucks and sent the series back to Vancouver.
If it wasn’t clear before, Dave Bolland’s importance to the Chicago Blackhawks is now very obvious.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!