A Riverside man was arrested last Thursday for drunkenly falling and passing out on his mother, pinning her to the kitchen floor, according to a press release from the Riverside Police Department.
A Chicago woman angered that her husband had smoked all their marijuana is charged with starting a fire inside a west suburban apartment.
A woman in west suburban Riverside has been charged with theft after allegedly stealing packages from people’s front porches, police said.
A high school student was arrested Friday after a school fight due to him allegedly stealing cannabis from another student’s home.
A west suburban police chief thinks he’s found a way to beef up security around his village’s schools without putting police in every building.
Police said Monday they’re following several leads in their search for a second suspect in an elaborate gasoline theft scheme.
A west suburban man was charged with theft after authorities uncovered an elaborate gasoline-stealing ring involving two men who would sell the stolen petrol at gas stations and vacant lots on Chicago’s West Side.
For those who thought coyotes were shy retiring creatures of the woods, think again.
Twelve men were greeted with hugs and some tears.
The man told police that when he walked by Riverside Brookfield High School, he received a brainwave message from recording artist Justin Bieber telling him to go to the school to see the kids there.
The coyote attacked a 9-pound Bichon-Poo puppy about 3 p.m. Dec. 29 in its backyard in west suburban Riverside.
Gregory Cook has eight prior convictions for burglary and is a self-admitted Hell Bound Biker Club gang member, police say.
Police say Gregory Cook repackaged stolen goods for Christmas gifts for his friends and family.
Usually, when you see politicians gather for ribbon-cutting ceremonies at public projects, it’s to mark their completion or dedication. But Friday, Gov. Pat Quinn and others gathered in a park in west suburban Riverside, along the Des Plaines River, to celebrate the destruction of a dam.
The death of a man who was hit by a freight train Friday night in west suburban Riverside was a suicide, an autopsy has determined.
A 47-year-old west suburban woman was given probation Monday for falsely reporting a sexual assaulted while walking home from a train last November.
Police in Riverside late Monday shut down an underage drinking party that attracted dozens of teens from across the western suburbs.
A 17-year-old high school student who police called “a major supplier of cannabis” to young people and high school students in west suburban Riverside was arrested and his drug operation taken down Friday.
An Ohio man is in jail here in Cook County for 60 days – accused of a magazine sales scam – and a suburban police chief is upset because he thinks the sentence should have been tougher.
Police in Riverside have busted a man for selling phony magazine subscriptions around the western suburb.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!