A man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.
A Hinsdale State Senator wants restrictions on some business that he says are fueling a rash of suburban burglaries reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
On a muggy August night in 2010, a cabal of would-be robbers conspired to break into a northwest Indiana social club for the cash they thought they’d find. Before dawn, the six or more had killed two men, both innocent victims, but didn’t even steal enough cash to share with everyone, a witness told police.
Three teenage girls have been charged, and police are searching for a fourth, after they allegedly hit a 12-year-old boy with a ketchup bottle; and stole cash, jewelry, and cell phones from the boy’s home in Palatine.
Cook County prosecutors have charged four people in a grisly triple homicide three years ago in south suburban Harvey, following a botched home invasion and robbery.
An Austin woman allegedly used money she stole from the man she helped kill to get her nails done and purchase “new hair” to replace the strands she lost during the deadly struggle.
The courageous Logan Square shopkeeper who fought off a pair of armed robbers with a baseball bat said Tuesday he bears no ill will toward the men who shot him and tried to rob him.
A second suspect has been charged in an armed robbery and shooting at a Logan Square store, where the owner and brother-in-law fought off the robbers with a baseball bat, a stool and a fire extinguisher.
Two males suspected of robbing a North Side liquor store are in custody after allegedly shooting at an off-duty Chicago Police sergeant who was following them.
Police have arrested one of two offenders involved in an armed robbery and shooting at a store in which the owners fought off the attackers with a baseall bat.
A shop owner in Logan Square was shot trying to defend his store, fighting off robbers with just a baseball bat.
Liese Ricketts was debuting a Peruvian artwork collection in Arequipa, Peru back in March when she hailed a cab with a friend and was attacked by 4 masked men.
A 62-year-old man was shot inside a Logan Square store Tuesday afternoon after struggling with a male who had just robbed the business.
Police in west suburban Glendale Heights are asking for the public’s help in finding the man who robbed a 7-Eleven store at gunpoint early Tuesday.
A 35-year-old man from the West Side Garfield Park neighborhood was arrested on Friday after threatening to kill employees of an Evanston Pizza Hut during a robbery earlier this week.
A Rockford man has been charged with brutally attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in the South Loop in January, before breaking into her home and robbing her husband.
The Lincoln Square neighborhood was the scene of two recent retail robberies in which store employees have been attacked.
At 5:43 p.m. three men entered the Sprint store in the 1400 block of Division Street and showed a gun to an employee.
A robbery victim spots police and thinks help is on the way. But that relief turned to terror, when police started shooting at him.
A 48-year-old cab driver who was robbed and then shot by two men who hailed his car on the South Side last week has died, authorities said.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!