It doesn’t get categorized as “pretty” but 2-2 looks much better a quarter of the way through the regular season than 1-3 would. The running game was much improved compared to the last two weeks, but there were still plenty of weak spots on both sides of the ball where the Bears need to improve.
Despite the Bears’ offense showing signs of life on the ground in Sunday’s 34-29 win over the Panthers, it would be a stretch to say all 11 men on that side of the ball were clicking.
Jay Cutler crouched down on his knees, his head resting on the turf with his hands on both sides of his helmet as if his ears were ringing. That was after a blindside hit from Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins that was only the beginning of his misery in a 30-13 loss to New Orleans on Sunday.
As we focus once again on the sheer joy of watching huge men clobber each other until their brains leak out, I’m picturing the next four months for the Bears, and here’s what’s in store.
Laurence Holmes takes your Bears questions every week in his mailbag.
After kicking off from the 30-yard line on two first half kickoffs Saturday, Bears special teams coach Dave Toub confirmed that the NFL told them they had to move up to the 35-yard line for the second half.
Now that the labor dispute is over, there is a tremendous amount of excitement — and relief — among players in the NFL.
As the NFL Lockout now drags into its 119th day, fans are really only concerned about when a deal will get done. If fans ever cared about revenue sharing and rookie wage scales, those days days are long gone.
On Monday, Judge Susan Richard Nelson lifted the NFL Lockout. On Tuesday, players around the league went to team facilities eager to start their workouts and get treatment for injures, but most were turned away.
If you talk to players about the NFL game, they all will tell you that the kickoff is the most dangerous play in the game.
Bears kicker Robbie Gould says the Bears and the rest of the NFL players want to play, and accuses team owners of wanting to lock out the players all along.
The field at Soldier Field has been a a winter concern for a long time and the NFC Championship game is no exception.
A Wheaton elementary student got the surprise of a lifetime this morning when her favorite Chicago Bears player showed up at her school.
The Chicago Bears seemingly have nothing to play for. The Green Bay Packers aren’t nearly as fortunate.
“Um, we kinda don’t want to play on the ice, because, well, it’s hard, and we might get hurt. But we know we have to, if you say so.”
The Bears are finally giving Jay Cutler some protection after changing up the rotation several times due to player performance and injuries. They finally have the right mix.
By Jeff Joniak– Offense: Control the Clock Like the Bears did in Miami, it is wise at this point to control the clock in order to quiet down the high scoring Eagles offense. It’s asking […]
Let me first say that I’m against the Thursday Night Game. I think it’s unfair to players. Usually guys don’t start feeling normal again until Wednesday.
One consequence of Jay Cutler’s concussion is the chance that Sunday’s game helps us learn what the Bears really think of their offense, and offense in general. Don’t buy for a second Wednesday’s public self-flagellation by […]
By TOM CANAVAN, AP Sports Writer EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) Drop all the talk about Tom Coughlin losing control of the New York Giants. The defense put it to rest on Sunday night with an […]
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.318
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!