Speaking here in Chicago, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi was urging women to fight hard for more day care assistance for working mothers, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
Kelly, in remarks made after House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, administered the oath of office, stressed her commitment to combating gun violence, passing immigration reform, creating jobs and improving the health care system.
Democrat Robin Kelly won the 2nd Congressional District race, picking up 71 percent of the vote to Republican Paul McKinley’s 22 percent.
Some say money bought her the race. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakely crunched the numbers on how much each vote cost the candidate.
Former Illinois legislator Robin Kelly captured the Democratic nomination Tuesday in the race to replace disgraced ex-U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., after a truncated campaign season where she got a boost from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s super PAC.
Voter turnout is expected to be relatively low as voters in the 2nd Congressional District head to the polls in snowy conditions, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
There’s one last day of campaigning before Tuesday’s primary for the 2nd Congressional District special election.
It’s the final weekend of campaigning in the crowded 2nd Congressional Primary Election.
The final push is on to get votes in the 2nd congressional district race and candidate endorsements continue to rack up.
The primary election for Jesse Jackson Jr.’s 2nd Congressional District seat is next Tuesday and some of the candidates meet Monday for a debate.
One of the front runners to replace ex-Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is leaving the race.
There’s a new, very high-profile, player in the race to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress, who this week alone plans to spend more money than any of the 16 Democratic candidates has been able to raise.
Freshman state Sen. Napoleon Harris has dropped his bid for former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s seat and is putting his support behind former state Rep. Robin Kelly.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said Monday that she’s endorsing state Sen. Toi Hutchinson in the race to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. over her former staffer, state Rep. Robin Kelly.
As expected, there is a very crowded field of candidates vying to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress. Seventeen Democrats and five Republicans met Monday evening’s deadline to file nominating petitions to run for the 2nd Congressional District seat in the upcoming special election.
More than half a dozen Democrats turned in candidacy petitions Thursday to the Illinois Board of Elections.
Add three more names to the growing list of candidates running to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in the 2nd Congressional District: Illinois State Sen. Toi Hutchinson (D-Olympia Fields), Chicago Ald. Anthony Beale (9th), and Robin Kelly — a top aide to Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
A crowded field could line up to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress, once a special election is set up to fill his seat following his resignation on Wednesday.
Longtime Republican legislator Dan Rutherford has won his bid to become Illinois’ next treasurer.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!