As always, the cast for SoxFest 2013 is as star-studded as possible.
Despite having the Chicago White Sox in first place in the AL Central for most of the year, when most people believed the team would be near the bottom of the division, Robin Ventura lost out on the Manager of the Year to Oakland Athletics’ manager Bob Melvin.
After a dreadful 2011 season, Adam Dunn has been named the American League Comeback Player of the Year by Sporting News.
Dan Johnson hit his first three homers of the season and Chicago added two more in the game as the White Sox routed the Cleveland Indians 9-0 on Wednesday night.
Well, the 2012 baseball season in Chicago has come to an end. For some, mercifully. For others, disappointingly.
After sitting perched atop the American League Central for 117 days – including a stretch of 63 in a row – there’s one thing for certain after the Chicago White Sox’s 2012 season officially came crashing down around them on Monday night.
Barring some miraculous turn of events this weekend, these are our final chances to reflect on the improbable 2012 White Sox.
Before Tuesday’s game against the Indians, White Sox hitting coach Jeff Manto had a premonition.
White Sox manager Robin Ventura said he’s doing his best to treat these final games just as he did in the beginning of the season.
Hector Santiago has experienced pretty much everything a pitcher can in a major league season, but he’s about to face his biggest challenge yet.
White Sox fandom’s feeling of impending doom isn’t based on much proof this season. I don’t share it, but of late it’s getting hard to shout down.
The Chicago White Sox left Angel Stadium the same way they arrived – looking for a big hit.
What a weird, enormous win for the first-place White Sox on Monday.
Through his first 145 games as a big league manager, Robin Ventura has lead a team that some projected to win a total of just 65 games to a record of 79-66, while maintaining a first-place position for most of the season.
It’s been a rough month for Robin Ventura.
Robin Ventura was a surprise pick for manager when White Sox GM Kenny Williams picked him to replace Ozzie Guillen last October, but Williams says he knew Ventura would be a good manager “about 17 years ago.”
When the White Sox announced they had secretly hired Robin Ventura as their new manager, the city of Chicago collectively scratched its head.
Well, this is no rant against Mark Wegner, but it’s still classic Hawk.
I don’t idolize athletes, and I don’t encourage others—kids or otherwise—to do so either.
Hard to tell where the Chicago White Sox might be without Kevin Youkilis. He’s been what they expected and needed when the veteran third baseman was acquired from Boston. And much more.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!