The longtime backer of a push to expand gambling in Illinois has dropped his name from a pending bill over “perceived conflict of interest” with a law firm where he’s counsel.
A model airplane club has stepped up to the plate to fill the breech left by the cancellation of the Rockford Airfest, after the Blue Angels halted their air show performances due to federal budget cuts.
A Rockford man has been charged with brutally attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in the South Loop in January, before breaking into her home and robbing her husband.
It’s becoming an annual tradition, and one Chicago residents can’t be proud of. Forbes Magazine again listed Chicago among its 10 Most Miserable Cities in America.
The man told police that when he walked by Riverside Brookfield High School, he received a brainwave message from recording artist Justin Bieber telling him to go to the school to see the kids there.
Authorities say four people are dead after a fire broke out overnight in a Rockford home.
Six players scored for the Chicago Wolves as they claimed a 6-3 American Hockey League victory over the Rockford IceHogs Friday night at the MetroCentre.
The unemployment rate in the Chicago metropolitan area fell to 8.8 percent in August from 10.5 percent a year earlier and down from 9.2 percent in July.
Edward F. Bachner admitted in a plea agreement that he fraudulently purchased a $20 million life insurance policy on a person he planned to poison.
Federal defense officials say a 25-year-old Army sergeant from Rockford has died in Afghanistan.
During the recycling process, employees found a newborn boy, unclothed, still with his umbilical cord attached.
Naperville and three other western suburbs led the Chicago area in drunken driving arrests last year.
A pilot is dead after a plane went down near Rockford Tuesday morning.
Offering up a direct challenge to a resistant Gov. Pat Quinn, the Illinois House resurrected a huge expansion of legalized gambling Wednesday that includes a land-based casino in Chicago, four more on riverboats and allowing ailing horse-racing tracks to add slot machines.
Just two months after a teenage boy from Rockford broke the record for the biggest walleye in Illinois, the record has been broken again.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Residents of Rockford: You are fat. According to a Gallup study, more than a third of the people living in Rockford are obese. That puts the town No. 4 on the list […]
Exelon was working to restore operations at a nuclear reactor unit near Rockford, after the reactor went down Monday morning.
Despite the presence of 15,920 fans crammed into Allstate Arena, the Chicago Wolves surrendered two third-period goals and dropped a 3-2 decision Saturday night to the Rockford IceHogs.
The Wolves gave up the first goal 80 seconds into the game to set the tone for a 3-2 loss to the Rockford IceHogs
While the west suburban Lisle institution has no plans to leave town, a proposal up for approval this week could result in the private Catholic nonprofit school establishing a campus in Mesa, Ariz.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!