The son of an O’Hare Airport security officer was charged with fatally stabbing his father to death early Sunday in his Morgan Park neighborhood home.
Mason Johnson, 24, has been charged with first degree murder after the fatal stabbing of his father, Kenneth Johnson, on March 24 in the 11400 block of South Rockwell Street.
Two men are dead and at least another 12 were wounded from acts of violence this weekend throughout the city, from the South and Southwest side to Humboldt Park to Rogers Park.
A freight train derailment on the Southwest Side left several rail cars tossed about early Sunday.
Quick action from firefighters helped save residents overnight at an apartment building in the Ravenswood neighborhood.
Chicago police said four young men were shot in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood Tuesday evening on the South Side.
Two men were killed and five people were wounded – including a 17-year-old pregnant girl – in a rash of shootings late Monday and early Tuesday.
At least eight people were killed and 40 others were injured in separate shootings in a violent weekend in Chicago.
A 16-year-old boy died after he was shot in the head Saturday night in the Marquette Park neighborhood.
A rash of shootings around Chicago left one man dead and six others injured Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.
Bond was set at $750,000 Tuesday for two teenage boys accused in the brutal sexual assault of an 18-year-old girl near the Congress Theater in the Logan Square neighborhood on New Year’s Eve.
Eight people were wounded in shootings Saturday night and early Sunday on the South and West sides.
At least 20 people, including a 10-year-girl, a 16-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy, have been wounded in shootings throughout the city since Friday evening.
A rally against violence was held in Chicago Monday night, near the scene where a teenage girl from Highland Park was sexually assaulted and left unconscious on New Year’s Eve.
Police are investigating as many as eight suspects in the brutal beating and sexual assault of a teenage girl outside the Congress Theater in Logan Square.
Police on Sunday said they were talking with several persons of interest Sunday following the brutal sexual assault of an 18-year-old woman in the Logan Square neighborhood.
Police are looking for suspects after a man was stabbed to death on the city’s West Side.
Police are looking for a gunman who shot two teenagers in broad daylight in the Marquette Park neighborhood.
Police arrested 17 students at Gage Park High School on the city’s Southwest Side, after a fight broke out.
A 17-year-old boy was shot and killed Sunday evening, just half a block from his Marquette neighborhood home.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.376
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.696
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!