Celebrate them as they work for us, making us feel good. Buy stock in the slogans. Don attire supporting them. Forget about them once they can’t fight for us anymore. Am I talking about soldiers or football players?
The NFL is on top of the sports world and it has been for decades.
NFL owners have passed a player safety rule barring ball carriers from using the crown of their helmets to make contact with a defender in the open field.
You don’t have to be the head of the Catholic Church to resign. Here’s a list of 10 resignations that should happen.
While it may have been electrifying, it appears Beyonce’s halftime show at Super Bowl XLVII played no part in the power outage at the Superdome.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he believes there will be an agreement soon with the players’ union for testing for human growth hormone.
NFL general counsel Jeff Pash says he expects independent neurological consultants to be on sidelines during games next season to help diagnose and treat concussions.
Sean Payton, welcome back to the NFL.
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman won his appeal of a four-game suspension for use of performance enhancing substances on Thursday, making him eligible for the NFL playoffs.
So, yeah, our fearless leaders all suck. And while what Tagliabue did gives us a sliver of hope that they can’t be megalomaniacs in their fields all the time, ultimately fans have to sit back and shake their heads.
Jonathan Vilma has asked a federal judge to allow him to move forward with his defamation case against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
And here I thought we had turned a corner in our understanding of the seriousness of brain injury, especially in what had appeared to be a newly enlightened – and legally threatened – NFL.
An 11-year-old boy from New Jersey got NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s attention.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell appointed predecessor Paul Tagliabue to hear the appeals of four players suspended in the Saints bounties scandal.
A federal magistrate judge has ordered NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to provide the court with documents related to the league’s bounty investigation of the New Orleans Saints.
Friday morning, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell wrote a letter to fans of the NFL, telling them they deserved better than what happened.
The NFL’s regular officiating crews are back, and Commissioner Roger Goodell has apologized to the fans who fretted about the replacements the last three weeks.
This time, the NFL’s bluster didn’t matter.
Bears fans are expressing relief in the wake of a tentative deal between the NFL and the union that will get the real referees back on the gridiron.
The NFL and the NFL Referees Association have reportedly reached an agreement in principle and the normal officials could return to the field as soon as Sunday.
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!