The West Nile virus is back. State health officials have confirmed two human cases in the northwest suburbs.
Storms packing enough power to leave anyone drenched to the bone passed through Chicago on Thursday, but the area is still severely short on rain.
Cook County prosecutors say nobody cared about a baby who was left home alone and accidentally died of suffocation.
Northwest suburban Rolling Meadows is trying to put together a 4th of July parade — on the cheap.
A prisoner who was being taken to a bond hearing Saturday morning in northwest suburban Rolling Meadows was shot by police after trying to escape.
A $5,000 reward is being offered in hopes of finding two men — including one wearing a paintball mask — who robbed a northwest suburban bank last month.
Three bank robbers are on the loose, including a man who wore a paintball mask to rob a northwest suburban bank Friday afternoon and another wanted for sticking up a Logan Square bank an hour later.
Cook County’s plan to shut down suburban courthouses on weekends went into effect last week with the closure of the Bridgeview courthouse. But police who now must transport arrestees to the Criminal Courts Building in Chicago for bond hearings reported that longer round trips were the only problem.
If you live in Rolling Meadows, Police are warning you – the boot is coming.
Because the suburban Cook County courthouses will be closed on weekends starting next year, there will soon be five fewer options for wedding or civil union ceremonies.
Get into trouble on the weekends in Cook County and no matter where you are arrested — from Schaumburg to the city’s West Side to Orland Park — you’ll soon be able to appear before a judge only at Chicago’s 26th and California courthouse.
A former high school football player will spend the next 16 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl.
A Jeep Cherokee crashed right through the doors Thursday at a Harris Bank branch and kept driving.
More charges may be on the way for a Buffalo Grove woman accused of checking her cell phone while driving.
Several people were reportedly stabbed early Monday in a parking lot northwest suburban Rolling Meadows.
For anyone who may think he or she can text or use a cell phone and drive with no problem, think again.
For several months, police say 39-year-old Damien Deanda preyed on teen girls, including one he called his “girlfriend.” He was ordered held on $350,000 bond Friday.
Authorities say a body pulled from the Des Plaines River last week is that of a Rolling Meadows woman who had been reported missing in March.
When suburban voters head to the polls tomorrow many will have a decision to make between the old and the new.
The ex-Streamwood police officer accused of beating a motorist last year took the stand in his aggravated battery trial.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!