Cardinal George arrived in Rome on Tuesday to pay homage to the retiring Pope Benedict before turning the attention toward choosing a new leader of the Catholic church.
Despite talk that the Roman Catholic cardinals could decide to speed up the process to elect a pope, Cardinal George isn’t committing to anything until he gets to Rome on the 27th of this month.
Jim Rome, host of Rome on CBS Sports Network and The Jim Rome Show on the radio joined CBS Local Sports to give his take on the biggest topics in the major sports.
While few foreign journalists had time to enjoy, Chicago during the NATO Summit just ended, several of them praised the city and say they will return on their own time.
For Chicagoans in Rome for the beatification of Pope John Paul II, the news of Osama bin Laden’s death brought a sense of relief.
Church officials say there is no rejoicing in the taking of human life, but they add Osama bin Laden created untold misery for others. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports from Rome.
Chicagoans are among the throngs of Catholics in Rome this weekend to help honor the late Pope John Paul II. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine talks with some of the pilgrims.
Cardinal George, traveling to Rome for the beatification of Pope John Paul II, won’t be able to escape the controversy over Father Michael Pfleger’s suspension back home. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
The beatification of Pope John Paul II comes May 1, and Francis Cardinal George says he will be in Rome and participating in the ceremony.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.332
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.214
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!