Let’s all stop the stupidity over Brian Urlacher needing to keep some kind of pristine connection to the Bears, as if the mere sight of him limping around the field in any other colors is somehow unthinkable.
Wrigley Field is a terrible place for children. It’s been mostly a terrible place for adults, too, but not so much due to the park’s amenities.
I absolutely hate Major League Baseball’s Hall of Fame voting.
Ex-Cub Ron Santo finally got into the Hall of Fame this past summer. Ex-Cub Greg Maddux will easily get into the Hall of Fame in the summer of 2014. And Ex-Cub Lee Smith will surely get into the Hall of Fame …
Vicki Santo asked us to treat her late husband’s enshrinement as a celebration, and she talked about Ron being an inspiration to so many.
The late Ron Santo, star third baseman for the Chicago Cubs and later a broadcaster for the team, has been inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
Ron Santo’s induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame this weekend is being celebrated at a farm in Northwest Indiana.
This hellacious, Saharan furnace attacking Chicago has roasted any attempt to crystallize a compelling thought about sports, turning them into some kind of burned, twisted, pointless gristle.
Those nice things, though, do not deserve a retiring of his number, a topic that’s been bandied about since people started to assume this year was Wood’s swan song.
Wood needs to be careful if he wants his post-career vision to be realized, and actual baseball is only a part of it.
Cubs fans can celebrate the start of a new season in a hotel room devoted to the late Ron Santo.
“Preserving History. Honoring Excellence. Connecting Generations.” That’s the motto of the Baseball Hall of Fame, per its website at least.
little more than a year after Jeff Santo laid his father to rest, Ron Santo was inducted into Baseball’s Hall of Fame by the Golden Era committee.
I hope Vicki Santo and her children are really pissed off and for good reason. This should be a happy day for them and all fans of Ron Santo, but instead it ranges for many somewhere between bittersweet and a downright slap in the face.
The city of Chicago dominated the opening of baseball’s winter meetings. The first thing on MLB’s agenda was the announcement of the Veteran’s Committee on who was going into the Hall of Fame. The announcement came early in the morning with former Cub Ron Santo getting in while former Sox player Minnie Minoso fell short.
While Cubs legend Ron Santo was finally elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame Monday, the news wasn’t as good for White Sox legend Minnie Minoso.
Ron Santo was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame Monday, just over a year after his death.
Santo is one of 10 candidates on the Golden Era ballot, which was announced Thursday. The ballot also includes White Sox legend Minnie Minoso.
Hundreds gathered outside Wrigley Field as the Cubs unveiled a statue of former third baseman and longtime radio broadcaster Ron Santo on Wednesday.
According to a recently released FBI file, the late Chicago Cubs great Ron Santo received multiple death threats over his career, much like other high-profile athletes.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!