Children were evacuated from a parochial school in the Logan Square neighborhood, after a man threatened to jump from a roof nearby.
Firefighters spent almost three hours putting out a fire that erupted at a two-story brick office building early Monday in west suburban Downers Grove.
The man became tangled in rope being used to lower equipment while working in the 300 block of West Superior Street, police say.
A lightning strike resulted in a fire on the roof and in the attic of a home on Sunday night, with damage estimated at $50,000.
No injuries were reported when an elevator house caught fire on the roof of a four-story building this afternoon in the Bucktown neighborhood.
No one was injured Sunday morning when part of a roof at an Illinois Secretary of State’s driver services building in Lombard collapsed.
A historic church sustained heavy damage when the roof collapsed, apparently from the weight of snow on Wednesday night but details are not yet confirmed.
Strong winds blew the entire roof off a Navy Pier stage Saturday afternoon. Nobody was injured.
The cave-in occurred at 1500 S. Normal Avenue around 6 p.m. Thurdsday.
A mother has been shut out of her Albany Park home after the city deemed the building “unsafe.”
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!