Two men were injured in separate shootings on the West Side Tuesday evening, police said.
One person was dead and two others were injured in a traffic accident Wednesday morning in west suburban Cicero.
Seven people were injured during crashes on I-90 early Tuesday — just one of several accidents that police said occurred on Chicago-area expressways in the early hours of the new year.
A Chicago police officer was recovering Monday morning, after a man suspected of kidnapping his 2-year-old son struck the officer with his car on the West Side Sunday evening.
Gunfire over the weekend left three men dead and at least 26 others wounded, from Portage Park to Auburn-Gresham.
Chicago broke a 101-year-old heat record by midday on Thursday – and authorities determined that the heat has been responsible for two deaths.
A huge section of pavement on Columbus Drive buckled in the afternoon heat on Wednesday in the South Loop.
One man is dead and two other people were wounded in a shooting on the Near Southwest Side early Sunday.
A serious accident blocked three left lanes on the Tri-State Tollway at Roosevelt Road Tuesday morning.
With less than a week to go until the NATO summit, there are growing signs of the extra security that’s going into place in time for the arrival of NATO delegates this weekend.
State officials are asking for the public’s help in locating the family of a 2-year-old girl who was abandoned on the West Side last week.
Police in west suburban Forest Park are on the lookout for two suspects involved in a shooting over a cell phone this past weekend.
Four men were shot and wounded Thursday night in a drive-by attack in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
A man died Saturday after a drunken fight in west suburban Broadview.
A small trash fire in the Red Line subway prompted first responders to evacuate the Roosevelt Road station, and shut off power to the trains.
A car slammed into a fire squad company on the city’s West Side, as the company raced to the scene of a fire 2 1/2 miles away.
Police have put out pictures of a man suspected of raping a woman on a CTA Red Line train last week, and the Guardian Angels have been handing out fliers in an effort to find the assailant.
Red Line CTA trains were severely disrupted Thursday morning after a derailment and small fire in the Red Line near the Roosevelt stop.
In a headline that is becoming all too familiar, three people are hurt – one critically – after a wrong-way driver slammed into multiple vehicles, this time on Lake Shore Drive.
At least 20 people, including a 10-year-girl, a 16-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy, have been wounded in shootings throughout the city since Friday evening.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!