A man facing prison for heroin possession fatally shot his girlfriend, her two sons and niece as they slept in the home they shared in unincorporated Villa Park early Tuesday.
A gas leak caused traffic headaches in a busy part of the South Loop Friday morning.
Two employees of a spa in Villa Park were doing more than giving massages, police say.
Police say they have new leads Thursday morning in the murder of Officer Clifton Lewis, as the community pays its last respects.
The Metra Union Pacific West Line was shut down for some time Thursday morning, after a train hit an empty car in West Chicago.
Two teenage boys have been charged in a shooting that left a man wounded at the busy Roosevelt Road ‘L’ platform in the South Loop.
Firefighters worked more than two hours Tuesday night to extinguish an extra-alarm blaze on the West Side.
Early morning rush hour traffic was tied up downtown Monday, after a pickup truck slammed into a taxi at Columbus Drive and Roosevelt Road.
A shooting on the city’s West Side led to a high-speed chase on the Eisenhower Expressway overnight, before police finally caught three suspects miles to the west.
Police say a fight over a woman led a former Hines VA Hospital worker to kill a colleague over the weekend.
Police in Cicero discovered more than 2,000 DVDs of allegedly illegally copied hit movies in a car they pulled over Friday for a broken headlight.
Three adults – including at least one University of Illinois at Chicago police officer – and a child were injured late Saturday in a crash on the Near West Side.
Two trucks collided and jackknifed overnight, spilling fuel and a load of candy, in one of three accidents involving trucks on the expressway in a period of about nine hours.
A new Trader Joe’s store may bring new life to the intersection of Wabash Avenue and Roosevelt Road in the South Loop.
A captain and crew member aboard a water taxi wasted no time Monday when a woman fell into the Chicago River. Newsradio 780′s Steve Miller talked with one of the heroes.
Five people were injured in a rash of shootings Wednesday, all of which happened in broad daylight.
Community activists, advocacy groups and union representatives will join 20 of Chicago’s 50 aldermen Thursday night for the first ever People’s City Council Meeting.
Police say they are surprised by a spike in thefts of human hair in recent months.
As concerns mount about flash mob attacks in the trendy Streeterville neighborhood, the University of Illinois at Chicago is now reporting a similar attack on the city’s Near West Side.
The driver of a sport utility vehicle remains in custody after he ran into and critically injured one pedestrain and then hit a second man while fleeing the scene of the first wreck early Sunday in the Lawndale neighborhood.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!