20 years after Fred Couples won The Masters in 1992, the 52-year-old finds himself tied for the lead with Jason Dufner at 5 under. When a reporter asked Couples if he thinks he can win, he replied with no hesitation, “yes, I feel I can!”
England, South Africa, Sweden, Scotland, Spain, Italy and USA… it’s an international leaderboard after the first round of The Masters.
CBS will be covering the final rounds of the 2012 Masters Tournament on Saturday, April 7th and Sunday, April 8th. The following golfers are who I believe to be the top 6 contenders to compete this week.
This year, it may be the most compelling of all the tournaments as the game’s heavyweights set to square off in what should be the most memorable of battles.
Rory McIlroy made two par saves on a windy back nine at PGA National and finished with a birdie from the bunker for a 4-under 66, giving him a two-shot lead n the Honda Classic.
Hunter Mahan stopped Rory McIlroy’s march to No. 1 by winning the Match Play Championship.
Rory McIlroy roared past Lee Westwood and into the final of the Match Play Championship. All that stands in his way of going to No. 1 in the world is beating Hunter Mahan.
In 14 years of this fickle tournament, there has never been a semifinal match so compelling.
After Tiger Woods crumbled down the stretch and Rory McIlroy battled through injury, many are wondering if the baton has passed from Woods to McIlroy.
The PGA Championship is this year’s final major and without the presence of a dominant player in the field, the player with the best fortune during the week will be the most likely winner.
Rory McIlroy has struggled on the European Tour since winning the U.S. Open, but he is now returning to the United States and looks to make a run at the Bridgestone Invitational and PGA Championship.
Rory McIlroy finished 25th at the Open Championship. He’s ready to move on to a tournament for which weather isn’t such a factor.
Ten years after he last contended in a major, no longer in the top 100 in the world, Darren Clarke delivered his defining moment Sunday in the British Open when he held off brief challenges from Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson to win golf’s oldest championship.
Darren Clarke shot his second straight 2-under 68 on Friday, taking a lead role heading to the weekend at the British Open.
Yes, it is true that Northern Ireland’s Rory McIlroy offered a foreshadowing of greatness when he posted a six-shot win at Congressional. But young Rory’s success has to be overshadowed by the short career of Taiwan’s Yani Tseng.
Notes from the world of golf. Ryan Moore plays with misaligned clubs. Erik Compton gets to the Tour after two heart attacks. Brits occupy the first three spots in the World Rankings.
The Travelers Championship is led by American amateur Patrick Cantlay. Several American amateur golfers are proving they have what it takes to compete in the PGA in the coming years.
Is Rory the next Tiger? The answer is “No.” Tiger was the greatest confluence of performance and persona golf has ever seen. But Rory is well on his way to becoming the next great player in the game.
Jason Day finished second to Rory McIlroy at this year’s U.S. Open. Although he was beaten handily, his score would’ve been good enough to win 109 times in the championship’s 111-year history.
If your team wins, take some joy and don’t stop the fun banter, but deep down you know who you hate and it isn’t the Cubs or the Sox.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!