Fireworks displays happen everywhere on July 4th. But some cities and towns put a unique spin on this American holiday.
If the Big Ten athletic directors are any indication, they are going to find a way to mess this up.
As those in charge of college football continue to meet in Dallas, discussing the fate of the BCS, it appears the Big Ten’s proposed playoff plan may not fly among the rest of the college football teams.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison says a third allegation of misconduct has surfaced against a former top athletic official.
I’ve never understood the obsession with college bowl games. Teams compete all season long, for what? A chance to win the Sugar Bowl? The Little Caesars Pizza Bowl? Or even worse — the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl?
The No. 6 Ducks earned their first bowl victory under coach Chip Kelly, holding off Wisconsin 45-38 Monday night.
Just like apple pie, the Fourth of July and steroid scandals, college football on New Year’s Day is about as American as it gets.
Earlier this year, U.S. News & World Report ranked NU as the 12th-best college in the country. The school demands academic excellence. So why does its athletic program so revel in mediocrity?
Considering that the University of Illinois hasn’t started out even 4-0 in a football season since the fall of 1951 – back when Dick Butkus was merely the meanest 8-year-old in Chicago – the message a friend of mine posted last Sunday on my Facebook did read a bit outrageous.
A Los Angeles County firefighter led the pack to remember the fallen service men and women who died on September 11, 2001 during the Rose Bowl festivities this year.
The University of Southern California has been stripped of their 2004 National Championship by the Bowl Championship Series.
In 2008, the Big Ten Conference launched a series of public service announcements with the theme of, “Big Life. Big Stage. Big Ten.”
Technically nothing is official until the final BCS standings come out Dec. 5, but if it’s up to the Rose Bowl representatives, the Wisconsin Badgers will be playing in Pasadena on New Year’s Day.
With the Fighting Illini football program having some success this year excitement still remains low. The fans are not coming to the games, and this speaks to the whole program’s fan base. What will get these fans to support their team like they say they do?
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!