An Army mom delivered a big surprise at her son’s Southwest Side elementary school on Tuesday.
While commuters riding the rails will face increased security Monday morning, some riders may not have any trains at all to catch.
As NATO officials were wrapping up their summit in Chicago, anti-NATO protesters marched to Boeing headquarters Monday morning before turning their attention to President Obama’s campaign headquarters on the other side of the Loop.
Four people are dead, and two others are critically injured, after a crash at 31st Street and Kedzie Avenue in the Little Village neighborhood overnight.
The NATO Summit does not begin until Sunday, but nurses from Chicago across the country and world are protesting Friday for a change in the nation’s economic policy.
A 35-year-old man has been accused of forcing 12 girls into prostitution, and addicting them to heroin.
Chicago is the largest Polish city outside of Poland, with more than 1 million people in the Chicago area considering themselves to be Polish. So, you can imagine they are excited about the delegation of Polish leaders who will visit Chicago for the NATO summit in less than two weeks.
Much of the NATO summit attention so far has surrounded protesters, security, and controversy. But there’s another side to it all – the excitement and pride the event will provide to the city’s various ethnic communities, especially those from smaller countries.
He nearly died after being shot in the line of duty. On Thursday, Chicago Police Officer Del Pearson thanked the officers who saved his life and revealed he’ll be the official starter for the Police Memorial Foundation’s annual “Run to Remember” 5K this weekend.
About 75 Occupy Chicago protesters held sit-ins outside at least two Bank of America branches in downtown Chicago on Tuesday, before joining a much larger protest rally and march through the Loop in honor of May Day.
Some women can’t put it down. It’s a book so sexy, it’s been dubbed “mommy porn.”
Do you know just one sugary drink a day can make you fat? Medical experts say they’re the biggest culprit when it comes to obesity.
Trying to save $2.7 billion on Medicaid costs, Gov. Pat Quinn said Thursday his job is to tell lawmakers not what they want to hear, but what they need to hear.
The FTC wants to weigh the pros and cons of mobile app technology to consumers. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Several Chicago pastors want the city to shut down a convenience store in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood, where six people were shot last week – one of them fatally.
It’s hard to believe spring doesn’t even start until Tuesday, but already flowers are blooming, and trees are budding.
The corned beef, green beer and other hallmarks of St. Patrick’s Day are in place for weekend festivities. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Mayor Richard M. Daley had his Millennium Park, now Mayor Rahm Emanuel has his own plan to beautify the city with public space by investing $290 million in hundreds of parks over the next five years, including the long-delayed Bloomingdale Trail on the Northwest Side.
A man who seemingly stayed off the police radar for 3 ½ years confessed to a deadly hit-and-run accident after turning up at the home of the victim’s sister.
A sloppy, slushy mix gave way to rapid, heavy snow across the Chicago area Friday morning, leaving roads treacherously slick and making for a miserable morning commute.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is very rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.471
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.183
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!