The Chicago Bears stopped their five-game losing streak at the end of this what-could-have-been season, but even this victory was plenty painful.
Three weeks into the Caleb Hanie experience, it’s safe to say this back-up plan has not gone as smoothly as hoped.
Check out who won this week’s game ball from The McNeil and Spiegel Show.
The Bears may have only put up three points in their loss to the Chiefs on Sunday, but the opportunities to score were certainly there.
Instead of giving the game ball to the best player, this week’s game ball goes to the worst player.
The Bears were in the process of mounting a comeback against the Chiefs that might have allowed them to turn a galling defeat into a wipe-your-brow victory.
The Bears 10-3 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday has one former Bear questioning whether or not he’ll ever watch a football game again.
In a game that featured two anemic offenses, the Bears still had an opportunity to tie the game late in the fourth quarter.
We may never recover from this. It has happened.
Sunday’s 10-3 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs was so ugly, it will likely go down as one of the worst home losses in Bears’ history.
A week ago, it was understandable to remain optimistic about the Bears chances going forward, despite obvious issues. This week, it’s impossible.
Just over a month ago, the Bears were 2-3 and looked to be headed for disappointment. Five wins later, they seem like a legitimate player in the NFC race after another rather impressive showing against San Diego on Sunday. That is, if they are able to overcome Jay Cutler’s broken thumb.
Cutler threw for 286 yards and two touchdowns, and the Bears won their fifth straight, beating Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers 31-20 on Sunday.
Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said Williams’ future in the NFL is completely up to the performance of the veteran wide receiver.
The votes are in and the McNeil and Spiegel Show has awarded their weekly game ball to Matt Forte.
They haven’t looked truly remarkable since their Week 1 thrashing of Atlanta, but in running the ball better of late and an improved defense, the playoffs don’t seem as far fetched as they did after the Green Bay and New Orleans debacles earlier in the year.
Bad drafts, bad signings, desperate trades and hamstrung, stubborn coaches have the Bears staring at a dark road.
Lovie Smith evaluates the regular season in four quarters, so let’s evaluate Lovie’s crew in the same fashion.
The reasons for the Bears’ inefficiencies are many, and shared. But, really. Somebody get open.
(CBS) Bears wide receiver Roy Williams practiced without limitations Thursday as the Bears prepare to take on the Packers for an NFC North showdown. Williams, who signed with the Bears as a free agent this […]
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!