The lack of rain this summer might be killing your garden, but it’s actually good news for people studying the health of the Fox River.
Social worker James Cappleman will succeed 24-year veteran Ald. Helen Shiller to represent the Uptown neighborhood’s 46th Ward in the City council.
Election officials were expecting very low turnout for Tuesday’s municipal elections. After the polls had closed at 7 p.m., only a handful of problems had been reported at polling places in Chicago and the suburbs.
Residents of 14 of Chicago’s 50 wards are heading to the polls today to cast their ballots in runoff elections for alderman.
Early voting begins this coming Monday for aldermanic run-off elections in 14 Chicago wards.
For the second consecutive time, Ald. Bernard Stone (50th) has been forced into a runoff with a challenger.
A social worker and an attorney will meet again on April 5 in the battle to replace Helen Shiller as 46th Ward alderman.
Nine candidates ran to replace outgoing Ald. Vi Daley in the high-profile Lincoln Park neighborhood’s 43rd Ward, but now, the field has been narrowed to two candidates who have both run before.
Eighteen candidates ran for alderman in the West Side’s 24th Ward, but now it’s down to two – the current and former alderman.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!