A man was shot in the leg Tuesday morning as he got into his car parked in the Gold Coast neighborhood, police said.
The golden age of entertainment on Rush Street is long in the past, but the strip still hosts some nightclubs and music venues that keep that bygone era alive.
A Gold Coast nightclub bartender has been fired for posting a rant on her Facebook page that included the use of the N-word to describe African-American customers.
A former Chicago Streets and Sanitation worker has been sentenced to nine years in prison for ramming his pickup into a crowd at a Gold Coast intersection in May of last year.
A woman who blames a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley for her son’s death wants a special prosecutor to investigate.
A city laborer lost control of a work truck and struck a toddler and several pedestrians –some of whom were models in a wedding photo shoot Saturday afternoon in the Gold Coast neighborhood.
A man is recovering the day after he was stabbed in broad daylight on the Near North Side, less than a block from the Magnificent Mile.
Witnesses were able to detain a suspect after he allegedly knocked down a 72-year-old man and drove off with his car in the Gold Coast Tuesday evening.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!