Thanksgiving means a time for food and gratitude, but public health officials say safety should be a top priority too.
Thanksgiving is a mere eight days away, and State Farm insurance has recruited William Shatner to inject some humor into a serious warning about turkey fryers.
Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport is the most dangerous airport in America, according to a new report by Travel and Leisure. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
A Will County company that specializes in environmental cleanup is accused of endangering its employees.
It seems parents are in favor of an idea that will be proposed this week in the City Council, to make it safer for children to walk to their neighborhood schools.
The union representing United Airlines pilots is suing to prevent new flying procedures set to begin this Friday, saying they threaten safety.
The case of Simon Ohiri, who has one of the worst track records, underscores loopholes in city regulations that need to be closed to protect passengers and pedestrians.
The Chicago Bears have signed free-agent safety Brandon Meriweather to a one-year contract.
Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy promised to have a plan in place at the beginning of the school year to ensure students have safe passage to class. But CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports not every school is equally covered.
The Chicago Transit Authority is launching a new campaign to promote safety and vigilance for Chicago area college students.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy believes Chicago is a safer place to be since he started on the job nearly 100 days ago.
The National Work Zone Memorial has made its way to the Illinois State Fair for the fourth time, and organizers continue hoping it drives home the message of safe driving.
If you have the time to drive out to Holland, Mich., this weekend, you might want to take part in a surfer rescue and rip current awareness class — especially after the rough week on that side of Lake Michigan this week.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed a bill into law that will protect children from the soccer goals that can tip over, after such an incident took a little boy’s life back in 2003.
They lost their son on a sports field when a soccer goal came crashing down on top of him. Tuesday, almost eight years after the tragedy, the Vernon Hills parents will watch the governor sign a bill into law, Zack’s Law.
The Bears have signed draft pick Stephen Paea to a four-year contract, and have agreed to terms with fellow draft pick Chris Conte.
The City of Chicago is hoping security cameras will bring calm to some high-risk high schools.
The string of hot and humid days can have a cumulative effect on people’s health, and everyone is being urged to use caution as the temperature threatens to top 100 degrees.
A popular procedure for women to tame frizzy hair is getting some push back from members of Congress, including U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.)
Last weekend’s North Halsted Street beating that was caught on video continues to prompt residents of Boystown to come up with new ways to fight street crime. The latest is to enlist dog owners when they’re walking their pets, CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!