When the final out was recorded in the Cubs loss to the Brewers in Monday’s home opener, the city of Chicago was still waiting.
Like it or not, the Wrigleyville Rooftops Association has every right to protest the Cubs’ new renovation plan.
Maybe the Mayans weren’t referring to the world when they predicted destruction in the year 2012 – maybe they were simply foreseeing the demise of the Chicago sports landscape.
I had been inside Headquarters Beercade for less than five minutes when it hit me: This place was unlike any other bar–or arcade–I had ever been to. Located in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood, Headquarters Beercade seamlessly fuses together spectacular craft beer and cocktails with classic arcade games…
The 31-year-old Baker signed a one-year deal with the Cubs on Tuesday after missing the entire 2012 season while recovering from Tommy John’s surgery.
In what was literally the final hour, the Bulls and fourth-year forward Taj Gibson agreed upon a four-year extension worth $38 million.
Why can’t sports be about more than sports?
Admittedly, I have a tough time respecting men who allegedly beat their wives.
Instead of flying in as Superman, Rizzo understands his call up is just the first step of many in the master plans laid out by Epstein and Hoyer to turn the Cubs from laughable losers into perennial champions.
When Taj Gibson rolled his ankle late in the third quarter, the feeling at the United Center was palpable.
If a picture is worth one thousand words, then this was worth one million.
It’s minutes after the Bulls defeated the 76ers, earning a win in Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs, yet no one is smiling.
It looks like Bryan LaHair won’t get to make his first opening day start after all.
The Cubs completely revamped their entire organization when they brought in team president Theo Epstein, general manager Jed Hoyer and manager Dale Sveum.
Forte’s downfall was when he let his internal frustrations become external outbursts. The backlash from that single Tweet has painted Forte as a greedy, selfish player, discontent with the roughly 1,400% raise he was offered.
Through his first three months as Bears general manager, Phil Emery has been anything but Bears-like.
The problem is the dichotomy between where Rose thinks the Bulls are, and where the team actually is.
The way the NBA is today, one dynamic player isn’t enough. That’s why the Bulls need to do whatever it takes to trade for Dwight Howard.
With the Bulls trailing the Pacers 92-90 with 23 seconds to go, the MVP of the league had the ball in his hands and a chance to tie the game.
Entering this season, Lucas, now 29, was a bit of an afterthought — if even that — on the Bulls’ roster. He was third on the depth chart at guard, and sights were set, as they should have been, on the return of the reigning MVP Derrick Rose.
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.317
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!