About 40 gay rights activists were out in the rain Saturday, picketing in front of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan’s southwest side Chicago office, demanding a vote in the House on same-sex marriage, reports WBBM’s Bob Roberts.
There’s a movement to bar Illinois politicians from the Pride Parade later this month.
The state lawmaker who has served as chief sponsor of proposed same-sex marriage legislation said Sunday he has no intention of stepping aside as sponsor, despite pressure from prominent voices in the gay community over his decision not to call the issue to a vote last week.
Illinois lawmakers have just one more day to vote on the same sex marriage bill that passed the Senate on Valentine’s Day.
About 200 ministers and others gathered in the south suburbs on Tuesday, day calling on the Illinois House to say “no” to legislation to legalize same-sex marriages.
Both sides of the same-sex marriage issue were outside the office of State Representative Anthony DeLuca in Chicago Heights.
A replacement for Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady has to resolve inner-party squabbles at a time when the GOP is having identity issues and Democrats dominate them at the State Capitol and in the congressional delegation.
Opponents of same-sex marriage were targeting Chicago’s Latino community on Saturday with a march and protest, where they also faced off with gay rights activists staging a counter protest.
One day after a group of clergy came together to support same-sex marriage in Illinois, Cardinal Francis George and 10 other Chicago area religious leaders spoke out against the legalization of gay marriage.
Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk has announced his support for gay marriage, saying that legally discriminating against same-sex couples “is an anathema to me.”
A felony arrest warrant has been issued for a Chicago man accused of threatening a state representative over her controversial comments about same-sex marriages.
Same-sex marriage proponents made their views known Monday with a march that wound through downtown Chicago.
Illinois Republican Party leaders cancelled a meeting scheduled for today to discuss the future of the party chairman, Pat Brady, who defied the party by supporting same-sex marriage, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
An Illinois House committee narrowly endorsed legislation to legalize gay marriage Tuesday, setting up a showdown on the House floor that could come in a matter of weeks.
The Illinois Senate has voted to approve legislation legalizing same-sex marriages in Illinois.
Governor Pat Quinn has told Illinois lawmakers the state is at a critical juncture, and he’s outlined an ambitious legislative wish list.
An Illinois Senate committee has approved legalizing gay marriage for the second time in a month.
A group of 50 Illinois business leaders and organizations have come out in support of marriage equality in Illinois.
The House sponsor of legislation to legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois said the measure could get a vote “very soon,” after the new General Assembly was sworn in this week.
A coalition of West Side ministers was urging state lawmakers to reject legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois, but at least one lawmaker said the ministers’ threat of political backlash against lawmakers who vote for gay marriage was nothing but an “empty threat.”
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!