San Francisco Giants
It’s safe to say Giants relief pitcher Jeremy Affeldt is an honest man.
Professional athletes get a lot of attention when they screw up, but they hardly get any when they go out of their way to do good.
The commemorative plaque honoring home run king Barry Bonds’ record 756th clout has gone missing from AT&T Park.
Edwin Jackson and Michael Bowden tied a major league record by combining to throw five wild pitches in an inning, and the San Francisco Giants got another big assist from a Cubs pitcher in a three-run 10th in Sunday’s 10-7 victory over Chicago.
Pinch-hitter Dioner Navarro hit a two-out, two-run homer off Bumgarner in the seventh to pull the Cubs to 3-2. It was Navarro’s second career pinch home run in two days, each hit from a different side of the plate. His tying homer in the ninth Friday was hit from the left side.
Starlin Castro’s ninth-inning double off the center-field wall gave the Chicago Cubs a 4-3 win Friday over the San Francisco Giants.
Pablo Sandoval hit a two-run double in a four-run fourth inning and the San Francisco Giants rallied from an early five-run deficit to beat the Chicago Cubs 7-6 Thursday.
Brandon Belt could become one of the best hitters on a Giants team that relies heavily on its pitching.
John Danks gave up a run in two-plus innings in his first outing since May, Dewayne Wise hit a three-run homer and the Chicago White Sox beat the San Francisco Giants 6-2 on Monday.
Pablo Sandoval hit a towering home run, the only blemish for Carlos Villanueva on Sunday, and the San Francisco Giants beat the Chicago Cubs 9-7.
When the Giants recorded the final out in Game 4 of the World Series last night to complete the four-game sweep of the Tigers, the city of San Francisco went nuts – as it should.
Game 4 was the most exciting game of the World Series – a back-and-forth affair that took 10 innings to decide. In the end, though, the result was the same: a Giants victory. Here are five things you didn’t know about the game.
The Giants took a commanding lead in the World Series last night, going up 3-0 after defeating the Tigers by a score of 2-0 for the second straight game. Here are five things you didn’t know about the game.
Another game of the World Series is in the books, and more unpredictable action has taken place. After the Giants earned an improbable win in Game 1, they extended their series lead with a Game 2 victory. Here are five things you didn’t know about the game.
It’s pretty easy to see that Giants outfielder Hunter Pence forms a special bond with his bats.
Check out these five facts from Game 1 of the World Series that you may not have known.
It looks like the World Series will go the distance and seven games for the second straight year.
Game on, folks, it’s the fall classic. I know some of us are locked and loaded, but you might be distracted by something shiny in the corner of the room.
Watch Lil Wayne sing “Take Me Out To The Ball Game” during Game 6 of the NLCS!
Matt Carpenter hit a two-run homer after subbing for an injured Carlos Beltran and the St. Louis Cardinals chased Matt Cain before a 3½ hour rain delay in the seventh inning of a 3-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants for a 2-1 series lead Wednesday night.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.3956
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.556
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!