A West Town neighborhood man became the city’s first homicide victim of the New Year, which so far has seen at least ten other people wounded in separate shootings, authorities said.
Four men were killed, and at least 16 others were wounded, in gun violence in Chicago over the weekend.
A man trying to flee Chicago Police officers ended up falling through the ceiling in a Morgan Park neighborhood house Friday morning, then jumping out a window to escape.
Four people are in custody after leading Chicago Police on a more than 35-mile chase overnight.
Aurora Police are asking the public for help is locating a missing 79-year-old woman from the west suburb who was last seen on Chicago’s South Side.
Eight people were wounded in shootings Saturday night and early Sunday on the South and West sides.
Bond was denied Wednesday for a 26-year-old man accused of opening fire outside a Near West Side bar, killing two people, after he was kicked out of the club.
Two men are dead and another man was wounded early Sunday following a shooting in the River West neighborhood.
Police are looking for a 15-year-old girl, who has not been seen since vanishing three days ago wearing the uniform from the military school she attends.
A person ran into a grocery store in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood after being shot in broad daylight Wednesday.
Violence in Chicago in the overnight hours left at least one person dead and six others injured.
Four days after the murder of a 6-year-old South Side girl, the person police were questioning about the crime is no longer in custody.
A suspect is still being questioned in the murder of a 6-year-old girl over the weekend, while police are questioning many people in the shooting of a 12-year-old girl last week.
Police were questioning a teenager on Monday in the shooting death of a 6-year-old girl who was slain early Sunday as she slept at her grandmother’s home in the Englewood neighborhood.
A 6-year-old girl was killed and two teenagers were wounded Sunday morning when someone fired shots into the living room of a home in the Englewood neighborhood.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!