A dispatcher for a south suburban fire department has been charged with buying stolen fire equipment to sell at a south suburban pawn shop.
A court order entered Wednesday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue to use temporary air-stripping units to remove vinyl chloride from the public water supply.
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating allegations of neglect against the baby sitter of a five-month-old Sauk Village girl who died Sunday.
Authorities issued a missing person alert for a 75-year-old south suburban woman last seen by her family on November 8th.
The mayor of Sauk Village has abruptly resigned, and tonight trustees are expected to appoint an acting mayor.
To counter the Sauk Village board’s elimination of the jobs of the police chief and the village manager, the Sauk Village mayor has re-appointed them.
A twist in Sauk Village’s water saga – officials have said the water supply is safe, but some residents still aren’t drinking it, even though they’re paying a lot more for it now.
Retribution for the theft of a sibling’s iPhone was enough for a Sauk Village teenager to shoot a man to death last week in the south suburb, Cook County prosecutors said.
Residents of Sauk Village can stop drinking bottled water, after the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency announced the chemical vinyl chloride is no longer being detected in the village’s drinking water supply.
Residents of south suburban Sauk Village may soon be able to drink water out of their faucets again.
CBS 2 has learned the temporary fix to the tainted water system in Sauk Village might cost far more than anybody thought before it’s finished.
Sauk Village’s recent woes over contaminated drinking water have served as a reminder of similar problems another Chicago suburb faced five years ago, when residents discovered their drinking water had been contaminated for years.
A court order issued Friday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue supplying bottled water to residents who request it, according to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has stepped in to help Sauk Village officials find a way to clean their town’s contaminated water supply.
Residents of Sauk Village have been told that cancer-causing vinyl chloride is in their water supply. Business owners were told to use alternative sources of water. Water distribution for residents of Sauk Village starts immediately and will be handed out per the following schedule:
Earlier this week, residents had been told that cancer-causing vinyl chloride made the water unsafe. Business owners were told to use alternative sources of water.
There is still no timetable for when the water in Sauk Village will be safe to drink, and some say the only solution may be to start stocking up on bottled water.
Everyone wants to stay hydrated with the temperature expected to approach 100 degrees Tuesday, but in Sauk Village, they’re stuck with bottled water.
Federal officials are continuing to investigate a package addressed to a northwest Indiana business that turned out to contain 340 pounds of marijuana.
The Sauk Village police chief is back on the job, after he was literally locked out of his own office.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.175
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.312
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!