The driver of an SUV suffered “very serious” injuries and a school bus driver also was hospitalized on Thursday, after their vehicles were involved in an ugly wreck in northwest suburban Inverness.
An employee at a nearby dry cleaners said a police SUV was heading south on King Drive when it swerved to avoid another vehicle, and hit a school bus turning north onto King from 42nd Street.
Fifty-three accidents occurred there between 2004 and 2011. The wrecks left 24 people injured and one dead, the Illinois Department of Transportation reports.
One person was killed in a multi-vehicle accident that caused a school bus with three dozen children to overturn on Friday near north suburban Wadsworth.
Neither the bus driver nor the only passenger, a 12-year-old girl, were injured.
Police in northwest suburban Park Ridge said a school bus was involved in five separate crashes Tuesday afternoon, including one that sent a car into a house.
A Wilmington couple is suing a southwest suburban school district because their 10-year-old daughter was humiliated on a field trip last January
A total of 20 people, including many students, were injured and sent to hospitals after a school bus accident on Interstate 294 near Deerfield.
Three children sustained minor injuries Tuesday afternoon when a pickup truck struck a school bus.
A teen was shot while riding a school bus after a Chicago Public Schools basketball game in the South Side Englewood neighborhood Monday evening, police said.
Two students at a northwest suburban middle school have been suspended after the district investigated a series of alleged sexual abuse incidents that took place earlier this month on a school bus, Pioneer Press is reporting.
Seven students suffered minor injuries in a school bus crash on the Near West Side, about two blocks west of the United Center.
A school bus filled with children was apparently shot at in the South Deering neighborhood.
A school bus driver was injured in a hit-and-run accident in Bartlett on Thursday.
A school bus and a sport-utility vehicle were involved in a crash Monday morning in Naperville.
Nine children and a driver were hurt Friday when a school bus crashed in Kane County.
Eight south suburban students were transported to hospitals with minor injuries after two school buses collided Wednesday afternoon near south suburban Crete, the SouthtownStar is reporting.
Three children were hit by broken glass Monday morning, after their school bus driver smashed into a stop sign in Kendall County.
A school bus was rear ended on the Eisenhower Expy. on Friday morning, injuring several children on the bus.
It’s against state law for kids to be standing, not sitting, on a school bus, but one south suburban parent says standing has been typical all year on her son’s bus. After CBS 2 began looking into the matter, Calumet City School District 149 took steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!