CBS 2 and the Better Government Association first disclosed how Chicago Public School employees were gaming the $175 million program meant for poor children.
Rat droppings and other problems plague some cafeterias. Since 2011, 244 of Chicago’s 681 schools failed at least one health inspection, CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Some students at a South Side high school became ill on Wednesday, after eating school lunches that had been contaminated with rat droppings.
A dozen principals and assistant principals have been removed for allegedly scheming to obtain free or reduced-price school lunches for their own children.
Chicago Public Schools officials say the infamous “pink slime” might have been served to students in school cafeterias, after insisting earlier that no such thing happened.
“Mystery meat” has been a staple in school lunchrooms for decades, but now the federal government is reportedly buying millions of pounds of ground “pink slime” that has raised serious concerns from scientists.
Going back to school is the same as it’s always been. Only the details are different. Kids are still kids.
Making lunch for our kids can be frustrating, especially if they don’t eat it. Here are a few tips to help them eat healthy.
Going back to school is a time for change. Here are some ways to change our habits and help the planet this school year.
At a forum to discuss making public schools healthier on Friday, the candidates for mayor touched on a number of other issues facing Chicago Public Schools, as well as the race for mayor itself.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.391
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!