From antiques made in ancient Greece to Pablo Picasso’s works from the last century, Chicago has numerous venues and tours with free admission. Check out the following list to get you started.
Just south of McCormick Place is a district where African Americans flourished after the Civil War. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Students taking a stroll along the University Of Illinois campus may notice something missing this fall.
Democratic politics are responsible for the colorful history of the Bridgeport neighborhood, but on Friday afternoon, a prominent Republican politician will be in the spotlight.
If you’ve walked past the Museum of Contemporary Art at all in the past two months, you’ve probably done a double take at the giant bone with a yellow telephone attached to it towering over you on the sidewalk. PhoneBone is just one of the sculptures by artist Mark Handforth on display outside the MCA…
Among the many memorials planned for the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, one in particular will bring actual pieces of the World Trade Center to Oak Lawn, permanently.
On this day 44 years ago, the iconic Picasso sculpture was unveiled in what we now know as Daley Plaza.
The long-awaited 26-foot sculpture of Marilyn Monroe was unveiled on the Magnificent Mile Friday morning, amid controversy about its risqué appearance.
A new public artwork is shrouded in secrecy, but for passersby on Pioneer Court, it’s the talk of the town.
A group of aldermen and other civic leaders plan to rededicate a bronze plaque at City Hall, which was sculpted nearly 100 years ago by celebrated artist Lorado Taft.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!