It is impossible for Aurora Police Detective Lee Catavu to fathom the number of hours he has spent trying to bring Timmothy Pitzen home.
Northern Illinois University has announced a national search for a new police chief nearly three months after firing longtime chief Donald Grady.
Police officers and dogs have been searching two suburban schools, after officials found a bomb threat written on one of the buildings.
Volunteers and police officers returned to the Des Plaines River on Saturday to resume searching for the body of a missing toddler from Maywood.
Flooding in the Chicago area has delayed a search of the Des Plaines River for the body of a one-year-old Maywood boy.
Authorities were continuing their search Tuesday morning for the body of a Joliet woman who has been missing since last week, and believed to have been killed by her son.
The victim of an alleged abduction and carjacking that began in Chicago’s River North area early Friday and ended in northwest suburban Schaumburg wants police to stop their investigation and will not pursue charges if the alleged offender is found, according to police.
Published reports say the Chicago Bears have zeroed in on two finalists – possibly a third – including Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman.
The search for a fugitive might have taken a tragic turn; Kenneth Conley escaped from the federal jail in downtown Chicago last week, and one suburban family said the search for Conley claimed the life of their beloved pet.
Bomb-sniffing dogs searched a Grundy County middle school complex after a threat was found written on a bathroom wall, the Herald-News is reporting.
A new search for the remains of Drew Peterson’s missing fourth wife was in its fourth day on Thursday.
The U.S. Coast Guard is searching Lake Michigan off Beverly Shores, Ind., for the body of a New York man who got into trouble in rough water Monday afternoon.
The U.S. Coast Guard in Northwest Indiana was searching for a plane that apparently went down in Lake Michigan late last night.
Two Chicago police officers were injured Wednesday while responding to a fatal shooting on the Little Village neighborhood, on the city’s southwest side.
The search continues for a man suspected of a murder in South Bend, Ind., after a car linked to the case was found in Chicago.
The search for a missing Berkeley man, who is presumed dead, was back on Sunday afternoon, after it had been suspended for a few hours due to high waves and high mercury levels in Lake Michigan on Sunday.
Rescue crews are searching the Little Calumet River after a van full of people ended up in the water, in an accident that left two people in critical condition.
The search continued Tuesday for a gunman who shot a man at the State Street Bridge during the afternoon rush on Monday. CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot spoke with the 29-year-old man’s wife on Tuesday. She said her husband was resting and trying to recover.
Divers have found the bodies of two sailors whose boat capsized in Lake Michigan last night during the 103rd annual Chicago to Mackinac Race.
Search and rescue crews are back on Fox Lake, searching for a man who might have drowned late last night.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!