The original “Sears tower” can’t be missed from the Skyway, and below it sits the 90-year-old Sears store – a fixture in the Grand Crossing neighborhood. But it’s soon to be gone, CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
Chicago is abundant in luxury shops and fun winter festivals but it is also packed with those in need this holiday season. Take this opportunity to find a way to help others through a holiday gift donation.
Something of a layaway war has erupted among big retailers.
A former partner in the prestigious accounting firm Deloitte and Touche has pleaded guilty to making $420,000 by trading on inside information about clients.
Headline: Sears Extremists Fly Plane Into Willis Tower. To the satirical newspaper “The Onion”, that’s comedy–the kind their writers have been doing for decades. However, many people believe any humor about the tragedy of Sept. 11 crosses the line.
An elderly woman from Maywood, who feared she’d be left without a good way to stay cool during the heat wave when her air conditioning broke, now has two brand new A/C units thanks to an outpouring of support from CBS 2 viewers who heard about her plight.
For the third time in just the past few weeks, police are trying to find some brazen thieves who get into stores by smashing their way in.
Fans began to line up at 3:30 p.m. Thursday for the two-hour, 5 p.m. Friday promotional appearance at Sears.
Sears announced Thursday that 100 people will be laid off at its Hoffman Estates headquarters, despite millions of dollars in forthcoming income and property tax incentives.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson thinks Illinois lawmakers should redo the controversial tax breaks that Sears received for staying.
The St. John, Ind. Kmart survived tragedy in 1985, but now apparently cannot survive this economy. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Sears has released a list of the first 79 stores to close under a plan to shutter 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart locations due to poor holiday sales.
Hoffman Estates-based Sears Holdings Corp. is closing between 100 and 120 Sears and K-Mart stores, after abysmal holiday sales.
Even at the early hour of 5 a.m. on the day before Christmas Eve, stores were open for business, and plenty of consumers were out shopping.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has approved legislation designed to keep key companies from leaving the state.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Imagine, tonight, just try to imagine the corporations in Illinois that are planning to join the Sears and the Chicago Mercantile blackmail team, thinking: “Now, it’s OUR turn. Give us a tax […]
Illinois is better at giving away tax breaks than at drawing good jobs as a result, according to a new national report.
The state Senate has approved a package of tax breaks designed to keep retail giant Sears and Chicago’s main financial exchanges from leaving the state.
The Illinois House has approved a package of tax breaks designed to keep retail giant Sears and the Chicago-based financial exchanges
The CME Group and Sears could be closer to deciding whether they will stay in Illinois, after two key tax votes in Springfield Monday.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!