The deadly Boston Marathon bombings have prompted a lot of discussion about the price of having a free society, and how much freedom Americans might have to give up to stay safe.
On Friday, police cars were parked outside Simeon Career Academy as it played Julian.
More security is coming in the fight against people who would unlawfully get prescription drugs.
School officials for northwest suburban Barrington School District 220 say they are just playing it safe. Real safe.
The deadly school shooting spree last week in Connecticut prompted Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn to push for a review of school safety measures in the state.
Across the country, schools will be on high alert following Friday’s shooting in Connecticut.
You can never predict a tragedy like the school shooting massacre in Newtown, Conn., but schools prepare as much as they can. Just this week, a school in north suburban Zion held a drill for a shooting.
CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist shows you how to spot the danger — and a simple way to fix it.
Authorities have beefed up the police presence at a northwestern Indiana shopping mall where a fight among teenagers led to gunfire a couple weeks ago.
A local security expert says expect to see changes at movie theaters in the wake of the shooting in Colorado.
Taste of Chicago opens on Wednesday, and Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy says he’s putting “adequate resources” on the streets to keep them safe during the festival.
Metra says it lost $800,000 in revenues during the NATO Summit weekend last month, as riders stayed away.
President Obama has arrived in Chicago for the two-day NATO summit that is being held in his hometown amid protests by demonstrators.
If you ride Metra this weekend, get ready for a few more NATO-related headaches.
U.S. fighter jets will be actively flying over Chicago on Friday as part of a security drill in the days before the NATO Summit.
Several out-of-state canine teams are here in Chicago to help with NATO security – teams from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Metra is reminding riders of security restrictions and schedule changes for the NATO summit.
Are surveillance drones flying over Chicago as part of the massive security operation for the NATO Summit?
The NATO summit is almost here, and while Mayor Rahm Emanuel has insisted it will be business as usual for most of the city, at least one business is profiting from the heightened security in Chicago.
If you start noticing more boats patrolling Lake Michigan and the river – it’s because of the NATO summit, as you might have guessed.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.98
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!