A southwest suburban nurse stands charged with killing a man during an argument, but her attorney says she acted in self-defense.
Neighbors in Englewood are not pleased after an 80-year-old man was arrested for shooting a man who was allegedly burglarizing his house.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger is asking area churches this Sunday to honor the memory of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed Florida boy who was shot and killed by a man who is claiming self-defense.
A homeowner who defended his property by killing an intruder was behind bars Tuesday morning.
February 17, 2012 – CBS 2 News at 6AM After the robbery of a flower shop in the Wicker Park neighborhood that ended in the stabbing of a store employee, the Guardian Angels are offering […]
Enough is enough for some Chicagoans fed up with attacks on women in Wicker Park, Bucktown and Logan Square.
A woman who blames a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley for her son’s death wants a special prosecutor to investigate.
Police in south suburban Matteson have decided not to charge a man with killing his son, saying it was self-defense.
The attorney for a man who shot at four people says he was defending his home and family.
Two pre-teen boys have been sentenced to probation for throwing bricks at the home of an elderly South Side woman, who in turn shot and wounded one of them in the shoulder.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!