Sen. Christine Radogno
Top Springfield Republicans are telling Gov. Pat Quinn that he has been too slow purging Medicaid rolls of cheaters.
Gov. Pat Quinn and the state’s four legislative leaders remained split on how to fix the state’s severely underfunded public pension systems, though the governor did signal a shift in philosophy regarding teacher pensions.
Prospects for pension reform in Illinois improved measurably late Wednesday night, when House Speaker Mike Madigan dropped his proposal to make public schools and state universities pay retirement costs for their employees, rather than the state.
The state’s controversial legislative scholarship program — which allows lawmakers to provide free tuition to state universities to students in their districts — is still alive, despite several attempts to end it. And a top Republican lawmaker says Senate Democratic leaders won’t let efforts to repeal the program come up for a vote.
You didn’t have to be a Democrat to like Gov. Pat Quinn’s budget speech Wednesday, and you didn’t have to be a Republican to hate it.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn pledged Tuesday to reform the public employee pension system “once and for all” this spring.
Illinois House Republicans – and even some House Democrats – want to roll back the state’s corporate income tax increase, but there’s no serious talk of also rolling back the personal income tax hike.
Gov. Pat Quinn flexed his veto power Wednesday by rewriting legislation in a way that would end the long practice of letting Illinois legislators hand out scholarships to state universities.
Illinois Republican leaders have filed a federal lawsuit challenging the state’s new legislative district map, which was drawn up entirely by Democratic lawmakers and approved by Gov. Pat Quinn.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!