Sen. Dick Durbin
Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin and two congressional colleagues held a hearing at Chicago’s City Hall Monday on the growing burden of student debt.
Fear over Guantanamo inmates coming inland is holding up the sale of the state prison at Thomson.
The mystery surrounding U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s monthlong absence from Congress deepened Wednesday evening, as his office released a statement saying he is suffering from a “mood disorder,” without providing any specifics.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) agrees a gas price spike doesn’t help President Barack Obama, but he says so far, it’s hardly a deal-breaker for the president.
As war drums continue pounding between Israel and Iran, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) is saying he is hoping sanctions will do the trick.
Local business owners are looking for a more level playing field, and are backing legislation that would require Internet retailers to collect sales taxes too.
Illinois’ two U.S. Senators plan to introduce legislation to make it easier for kids with allergies to get the help they need.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Speaking at a news conference at Union Station yesterday, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin said he’s concerned what this week has in store for the 3.4 million passengers who ride trains in and […]
The “Occupy Wall Street” protests have begun to turn into a nationwide movement. The Democratic Party is taking notice.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) is trying to give a lesson on working across the aisle.
Illinois’ U.S. Senators have written Metra CEO Alex Clifford, demanding justification for fare hikes that could top 30 percent.
As Wall Street stumbled after Standard and Poors downgraded the nation’s debt, Senator Dick Durbin was saying Democrats and Republicans are going to make some hard choices if they are to get this country’s finances under control.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) on Monday announced federal funds geared toward upgrading the Loyola CTA Red Line station in Rogers Park, as well as modernizing and extending the line in the future.
Ratings agency Moody’s believes if the U.S. eliminates the debt ceiling, it would reduce the uncertainty amongst bond holders.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) says he is concerned that many large companies have threatened to leave his home state due to higher taxes, but he says Illinois lawmakers had to take action to pay the state’s vendors.
Memorial Day is behind us and gas prices are still rising, and now, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) says it’s time to take the drastic step of dipping into the strategic oil reserve.
U.S. Senators Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) do not agree on whether photos of the slain Osama bin Laden should have been released to the public.
Gov. Pat Quinn says he is open to taking much more expansive measures if a nuclear accident occurs at one of Illinois’ eleven reactors.
Illinois came a step closer to high-speed rail on Tuesday, with a project that is bringing 6,000 new jobs.
In the wake of the nuclear troubles in Japan, Illinois’ two U.S. senators said the key is to focus on common sense safety for nuclear facilities in the state.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!