Sen. Mark Kirk
Nearly four months after suffering a stroke, U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) has been released from the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and is now back at his Highland Park home.
Sen. Mark Kirk’s staff has released the first photo of the senator since he suffered a stroke in January.
U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren (R-Ill.) is updating the gloomy fiscal picture of Illinois’ finances painted last fall by now-ailing U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.)
There is word that U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) could soon begin casting votes again as he battles back from his stroke.
The 52-year-old Republican is adapting well to the program following the stroke he had the weekend of Jan. 21, doctors say.
Doctors on Tuesday reattached a portion of Sen. Mark Kirk’s skull, which had been removed to help relieve pressure on his brain after he suffered a stroke.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) spent the day Wednesday gathering information about education reform on Chicago’s South Side.
Illinois’ two U.S. Senators plan to introduce legislation to make it easier for kids with allergies to get the help they need.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) is introducing legislation to crack down on doctors who overprescribe painkillers that get abused by teens.
Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) says the U.S. may have gained an ally in Libya, but may also have paved the way for an Islamic Fundamentalist government in Egypt following popular uprisings the U.S. supported in the Arab spring.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) is trying to give a lesson on working across the aisle.
Illinois’ U.S. Senators have written Metra CEO Alex Clifford, demanding justification for fare hikes that could top 30 percent.
A bipartisan push is underway from key lawmakers, who want to extend a federal highway bill and save jobs in Illinois.
Ratings agency Moody’s believes if the U.S. eliminates the debt ceiling, it would reduce the uncertainty amongst bond holders.
Republican lawmakers have teamed up to expanded the law which block the congressional pensions from convicted felons.
Two federal lawmakers from Illinois have mounted an effort to get tougher on public corruption, by giving new tools to prosecutors.
U.S. Senators Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) do not agree on whether photos of the slain Osama bin Laden should have been released to the public.
Illinois Republican leaders gathered Monday for an anniversary they say comes way too late in the state – April 15.
Gov. Pat Quinn says he is open to taking much more expansive measures if a nuclear accident occurs at one of Illinois’ eleven reactors.
In the wake of the nuclear troubles in Japan, Illinois’ two U.S. senators said the key is to focus on common sense safety for nuclear facilities in the state.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!