Chicago can be a vibrant city for people of all ages. Make sure to make the most of what Chicago has to offer for the older generation by taking advantage of the many discounts and venues that cater towards seniors.
Obama has been moving the needle with seniors using distorted arguments about Social Security and Medicare. Fortunately for GOP presidential challenger Mitt Romney, seniors’ top concern is the economy’s struggles under Obama and seniors have overwhelming voted Republican in the last two presidential elections.
Romney thought he was talking amongst his teammates in the locker room last May 17 only to find out that there was somebody on the other team hiding behind the lockers. Had he known a member of the other team was lurking back there, he would have chosen his words more carefully and had presented more carefully-chosen data than the data of which he swiftly generalized.
The idea that 47 percent of Americans don’t have “personal responsibility” or “care for their lives” is shockingly arrogant, even by Mitt Romney’s standards.
Paul Ryan has changed the Electoral College math. With the pick, Romney has chosen a path that writes off almost all of the country and focuses the election on the industrial Midwest.
Lawmakers who say the state health care cuts went too far are trying to move the pendulum back.
The free ride on mass transit in Illinois may soon be over for everyone.
The Illinois Attorney General’s office and a West Side alderman teamed up Wednesday to warn seniors about consumer fraud.
An organization in Hammond, Ind., called “We Care From The Heart,” is looking for volunteers to “adopt” seniors and disabled people, to help improve their quality of life.
Drivers who have unpaid parking tickets in Chicago have to worry about more than just having their state income tax refunds seized to pay off their debts; the city is also taking money out of some seniors’ pension checks.
Wheaton Police are warning seniors about a telephone scam that is making the rounds again.
A large group of seniors joined Occupy Chicago protesters at Federal Plaza Monday morning for a lively protest.
Cook County seniors who own homes are advised to read their property tax bills carefully, because officials say homeowners could be missing an extra chance to save serious money.
Free public transportation is no longer available to all senior citizens in Illinois.
The program that has allowed all Illinois seniors to ride public transit for free will come to an end at midnight Wednesday night.
Time is running out on the Seniors Ride Free passes that Chicago-area seniors have used on the CTA, Metra and Pace since 2008.
The Illinois Department on Aging says postcards are in the mail to senior citizens on the state’s Circuit Breaker Program, which will get them as many free rides as they want.
The City of Des Plaines wants to make it easier for seniors and people with disabilities to get around.
New fare cards have begun to arrive from the RTA for more than 427,000 Chicago area senior citizens in the next few days.
New RTA fare cards are going out to 427,000 Chicago-area seniors sooner than expected.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!