Dustin McCowan was apparently jealous in his rocky relationship with Amanda Bach, 19, of Portage. Police found her body close to railroad tracks, about 300 yards from his home.
Less than a day after declaring his innocence at the top of his lungs during his sentencing hearing, former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson was transferred from the Will County Jail to a state prison in Pontiac to begin serving his 38-year sentence for murder.
Former Gov. George Ryan was set to be released from the federal prison in Terre Haute, Ind., on Wednesday, and transferred to a halfway house on the Near West Side early Wednesday to complete his sentence.
Chicago native David Headley was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Thursday for his role in the 2008 terrorist attack in Mumbai, India, and for planning another attack in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Christian Choate was confined in a dog cage, beaten and fed minimal amounts of food.
An Oswego man has been sentenced to life in prison for the horrifying murders of his wife and children.
Attorneys in the first trial of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich still keep in touch with him, and think his sentence will be reversed on appeal if the case ever gets there.
Trent Lee stabbed his girlfriend nine times with two knives.
CBS 2 Legal Analyst Irv Miller says Rod Blagojevich likely stands a chance at appealing his lengthy 14-year sentence.
A former Chicago Police officer has been sentenced to three years in prison for driving drunk, hitting and killing a 13-year-old boy, and speeding off.
A New Lenox man is going to prison for the next seven years after admitting to two separate unrelated crimes – burglarizing a house and collecting child pornography.
Rod Blagojevich’s defense attorneys have officially taken the first step toward an appeal of the former governor’s conviction on 18 corruption counts.
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Friday will have to tell the court where he wants to spend his 14 years behind bars.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday that he is thinking about Rod Blagojevich’s family–and lessons for other politicians–in the wake of the ex-governor’s 14-year jail sentence for corruption.
Some well-known figures who were imprisoned for political corruption have sobering advice for ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich as he prepares to spend 14 years behind federal bars.
Observers say the stiff sentence given to disgraced ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Wednesday was warranted, but some doubted whether it will deter corrupt office-holders.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson feels terrible for members of Rod Blagojevich’s family as they await the details of what is expected to be a long prison term for the former governor.
Federal prosecutors intend to ask a federal judge to sentence former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich to a 15- to 20-year prison term. But defense attorneys are seeking a much lighter sentence, arguing Blagojevich never profited from the crimes on which he was convicted and caused no public harm.
A convicted murderer who argued his sentence was too light has won his fight for a new trial.
Narcisco Gatica gunned down Francisco Valencia, 21, and injured Valencia’s friend after he and others were asked to leave a Halloween party two years ago.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.193
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!