As former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife, former Ald. Sandi Jackson, await sentencing on corruption charges, several people have sent in letters in an effort to influence the punishment a federal judge will mete out in July.
Prosecutors and defense attorneys could tussle over the former congressman’s mental health. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine explains.
During the course of questioning, Rita Crundwell told investigators she took $10 million, a court filing says. But in her plea deal she admitted to stealing more than $53 million over a 22-year period.
A father who bound his toddler with tape and posted a picture on Facebook was sentenced to probation on Friday.
Sentencing was delayed Thursday for a father convicted of aggravated battery for taping over his 22-month-old daughter’s mouth and binding her hands with tape, after the man’s defense attorney asked the judge for a new trial.
A father convicted of murdering his wife and family is expected to spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Killed in the 2009 crash were Andrew Cazares, 23, of Summit, and Fausto Manzera, 21, a DePaul University student. Friday’s sentencing hearing included emotional victim-impact statements from family members.
Mark Weinberger, who ran a Merrillville nose and sinus clinic until he disappeared during a European vacation, pleaded guilty to 22 counts of health care fraud in a deal that called for a sentence of no more than of 10 years in prison.
William Cellini, a Springfield businessman, was targeted by the feds for extortion conspiracy in a case dating to the Blagojevich administration.
A 28-year-old South Side man will spend the next 20 years behind bars – for shooting an 18-month old girl.
A west suburban woman could go to prison for the next 14 years for failing to stop her boyfriend from beating her daughter, who was under 2 years old at the time.
One of Drew Peterson’s lawyers has some interesting things to say about the kind of life Peterson will be living in the next couple of months.
A North Side cab driver was sentenced to 7½ years in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to providing monetary support al Qaeda in Pakistan.
A former railroad police detective was sentenced to 40 years in prison Thursday for attempted murder, convicted of shooting at Chicago Police officers who fired back several times.
A longtime friend and former aide to Rod Blagojevich has been sentenced to two years in prison for his role in the corruption scandal that took down the former governor.
The man who was Rod Blagojevich’s chief of staff when the former governor was arrested for trying to sell a U.S. Senate seat has been sentenced to 10 days in jail for his role in Blagojevich’s corruption case.
The day after deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich began his 14-year prison sentence, his former chief of staff, John Harris, is learning his fate.
In what will likely be his final public performance, Steve Orland was defiant and unapologetic. On Friday, the former West Aurora High School band director pleaded guilty to sexually abusing two band students, then read a lengthy statement that praised his own accomplishments and ignored his two victims.
A day after former Gov. Rod Blagojevich reports to prison to begin his 14-year sentence on corruption charges next week, his former chief of staff will be in front of a federal judge, making his plea for leniency for his role in the Blagojevich case.
An ultimate fighter convicted of a rampage in an apartment in Warrenville was handed a pricey repair bill in court.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.403
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!