Starting at 9:11 a.m., volunteers have been reading the names of the American men and women who have been killed while serving in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, at a ceremony outside the Thompson Center.
Headline: Sears Extremists Fly Plane Into Willis Tower. To the satirical newspaper “The Onion”, that’s comedy–the kind their writers have been doing for decades. However, many people believe any humor about the tragedy of Sept. 11 crosses the line.
The Field Museum of Natural History is getting all ready to open its exhibit commemorating the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, as the 10-year anniversary of the attacks comes in less than two weeks.
Sue Mladenik lost her husband Jeffrey on Sept. 11, 2001. On Thursday, she watched as President Obama visited Ground Zero following the death of Osama bin Laden.
Stella and John Olender, two Chicagoans who lost their daughter on Sept. 11, have mixed feelings about the reported death of Osama bin Laden, CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Ten years ago, a Chicago area woman was thrust into history and the tragedy of Sept. 11, 2001.
Osama Bin Laden’s death comes are great news to a Dyer, Ind., man, who was in the north tower of the World Trade Center when American Airlines Flight 11 hit the building on Sept. 11, 2001.
While the nation celebrates the news of Osama bin Laden’s death, it provides just small comfort to those who lost loved ones on Sept. 11, 2001.
Two Chicago firefighters who were denied compensation for health problems they believe were caused by their work at Ground Zero, are expected to benefit from a $4.2 billion package passed by congress.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!