The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
While many of those questions remain unanswered, pitching coach Don Cooper said his staff will be a bright spot throughout the season.
Chad Billingsley pitched two scoreless innings and the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Chicago White Sox 6-4 Monday.
Jesse Crain, who is preparing to start his second season on the South Side, said he’s definitely interested in taking over the ninth-inning role.
Gone are longtime ace Mark Buehrle and closer Sergio Santos — two moves that surprised pitching coach Don Cooper.
With the winter meetings at full force in Dallas, Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times joined The Mully and Hanley Show to break down what’s been going on.
After trading away Sergio Santos to the Blue Jays in exchange for a Double-A prospect in Nestor Molina, it’s clear the White Sox are looking to bolster their depleted farm system.
Williams said he doesn’t anticipate trading any other pitchers on his current roster although that could change if the right deal came along. Williams said he just hasn’t received back the players he is looking for.
It’s day two of baseball’s winter meetings, and things are just getting started for the White Sox.
The White Sox traded closer Sergio Santos, who they recently signed to an extension, to Toronto Tuesday for minor league pitcher Nestor Molina.
Consider the White Sox a dangerous dark horse in 2012. To get you ready for the off-season, here are five burning White Sox questions for the winter.
After racking up 30 saves in 2011, the White Sox rewarded Sergio Santos with a three-year, $8.25 million contract with club options for 2015-17.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen no longer sees the fight in his team. Paul Konerko doesn’t see it, either. The Chicago bullpen blew a three-run lead in the ninth inning and the Detroit Tigers beat the White Sox 6-5 in 10 innings on Wednesday.
Jake Peavy struck out a season-high nine and Alex Rios homered to help the Chicago White Sox to a 3-0 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Tuesday night.
Philip Humber and Chris Sale gave the Chicago White Sox exactly what the team needed after a lost weekend. Humber pitched seven scoreless innings and Chicago beat the Minnesota Twins 2-1 Monday in the first game of a day-night doubleheader.
Alejandro De Aza drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Chicago White Sox to an 8-6 win over the Minnesota Twins on Tuesday night.
Alejandro De Aza returned to the majors Wednesday and it sure looks as if he plans on staying for a while. De Aza hit a two-run homer in his first at-bat of the season and the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 2-1 on Wednesday.
Watching the White Sox is like looking at an accident on an expressway. You know you shouldn’t, but you can’t help yourself.
Sergio Santos threw a wild pitch in the 11th inning that allowed Alex Gordon to score, giving the Kansas City Royals a 2-1 victory Wednesday night.
One of the biggest White Sox storylines during the first two weeks of the season was the White Sox bullpen. Today, the bullpen is also a significant storyline, but for different reasons.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!