Service Employees International Union
Workers from 50 nursing homes across Illinois, including half a dozen in the Chicago area, staged informational picketing outside of the homes Wednesday to demand improved pay and working conditions.
Oak Park village employees were set to return to work Tuesday, after a three-day strike.
The Chicago Public Schools have struck a labor deal with their second largest union, but not the one that represents teachers.
Thousands of Chicago janitors have reached a tentative deal that would avert a strike next week at private buildings and public schools.
On the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination in Memphis, union workers in Chicago are calling for a fair contract for janitors as they threaten to strike next week.
The clock is ticking for janitors, who are ready to walk off the job next week if they don’t reach a new deal with building owners.
Students in Chicago’s Public Schools are eating healthier – if they’re eating what’s served at school. But some lunchroom personnel say the children are not.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!