Service on the South Shore commuter train line was temporarily suspended east of Hammond on Wednesday evening, due to damage to the overhead wires that power the trains.
The CTA won’t increase fares or cut service in the coming year — if its unions agree to $160 million or more in work rule changes.
Pastor Joel Osteen is in Chicago this week getting ready for a big service at U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday night. He spoke with CBS 2′s Jim Williams about this message and about what some of his critics say.
Amtrak’s City of New Orleans train resumes service over its full route Saturday, following nearly a month of service disruptions due to flooding north of Memphis, Tenn.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel attended community-service functions and caught an outdoor show by the classic-rock band Chicago on Saturday, as the clock ticked toward his swearing-in Monday.
Four Metra lines are running on modified schedules, and some Amtrak cancellations remain in place, as area transit agencies deal with the lingering effects of the 2011 Blizzard.
An organization founded by a local church brought an estimated 40,000 Haitians together to celebrate their faith.
The group “Churches Helping Churches,” organized by the Harvest Bible Chapel, is holding a service in Haiti to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the horrific earthquake there.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!